Dvd Bypass 2006 Lx470

Mechanoman

• 1 month later...
I have an 06 LX also and was wondering if anyone has done the DVD bypass on an 06 and if it worked--I can bypass the Nav system for destinations while the vehicle is moving, but it has to be done each time the car is started.

Can you please share the details on how to bypass the Nav system for destination while moving?

I have an 06 LX also and was wondering if anyone has done the DVD bypass on an 06 and if it worked--I can bypass the Nav system for destinations while the vehicle is moving, but it has to be done each time the car is started.

Can you please share the details on how to bypass the Nav system for destination while moving?

A set of button pushes can override the lockout on most 2004,2005, & 2006 Lexus NAVs until the next time the vehicle is restarted by pushing the buttons in the following order: menu > volume > top left of screen, bottom left, top left, bottom left > override ((hold for several seconds until override is highlighted and beep occurs) > back. Destinations can then be entered while moving.

A set of button pushes can override the lockout on most 2004,2005, & 2006 Lexus NAVs until the next time the vehicle is restarted by pushing the buttons in the following order: menu > volume > top left of screen, bottom left, top left, bottom left > override ((hold for several seconds until override is highlighted and beep occurs) > back. Destinations can then be entered while moving.

Thanks! From memory, I recall the menu button being an actual button (drivers side) but the volume is just a knob and what exactly do you mean by "top left of the screen, bottom left, top left etc"... are these buttons on the Nav screen? Lastly, is this in the manual?

Press Menu, on the screen that appears, there is a volume button--press it and you have another screen. Here there are not buttons at the top left corner and bottom left corner, but put your finger in there and push--top, bottom,top, bottom--then a new screen will appear. This new screen has several items listed--just push and hold on the one titled "override"--it will change colors and BEEP. now push back and whereever else you want to go. Try it--it really does work!

THIS IS NOT IN THE MANUAL

Press Menu, on the screen that appears, there is a volume button--press it and you have another screen.  Here there are not buttons at the top left corner and bottom left corner, but put your finger in there and push--top, bottom,top, bottom--then a new screen will appear.  This new screen has several items listed--just push and hold on the one titled "override"--it will change colors and BEEP.  now push back and whereever else you want to go.  Try it--it really does work!

Thanks once again! I tried this over the weekend and works great. It's great that you can enable this while in motion and it's set (until you cycle the ignition). I also saw that there's other functions, but didn't mess with them.

One more thing... would you happen to know how to enable this same mode on earlier LX/LC, like an 03?

CTapia

• 2 months later...

Press Menu, on the screen that appears, there is a volume button--press it and you have another screen. Here there are not buttons at the top left corner and bottom left corner, but put your finger in there and push--top, bottom,top, bottom--then a new screen will appear. This new screen has several items listed--just push and hold on the one titled "override"--it will change colors and BEEP. now push back and whereever else you want to go. Try it--it really does work!

WOW! I can't thank you enough! :)

• 6 months later...