Factory Tour

rfcbuf

I think you need to contact Lexus Canada

but as of right now the 3 dates they made are full.

2 have already passed and the last is in November which i am going to with my wife.

So far it is a trial thing and do not have a normal setup for Lexus plant tours.The other tour is for the corolla matrix plant which only passes through the RX welding plant.

• 5 years later...

My wife and I just toured the LEXUS plant on Thursday. We found out about it on the Lexus Canada owners website. It is one of the perks for buying a Lexus.

The whole event was tremendous, first lunch at Langdon Hall, then a tour of the Lexus (South plant) then bussed back to Langdon Hall. Check out the Langdon Hall website if you want a great place to stay before/after your tour. Very pricey, but worth every cent!

The tour guides (retired teachers) were well informed and didn't rush the tour, explaining every step of the process. I was amazed at the automation in the plant, robots do almost all the heavy work. The quality checks that are built into the process are also extremely extensive. These are very well built cars!

I'm not sure how US owners get on the tour but there was an American couple there, I didn't get a chance to ask them.

:cheers:

Oh that's really cool! Did you have purchase a "new" lexus to go on it?

I don't think so, you just had to log on to the Canadian Lexus website and go to the owners area. They register you by the VIN of the car. One of the people I talked to on the tour had a CPO Lexus and there were several older model RX's in the valet line up at Langdon Hall. That was a really nice touch, they lined all of our 20+ cars up on the front lawn for us while we were at the plant. You don't even have to own an RX to take the tour, a couple of other models (IS, ES) were there as well.

Probably ask your Lexus dealer if Lexus US doesn't have an owners link on the website.

If you were to take the tour next October you could attend our Kitchener/Waterloo Octoberfest afterwards!

:cheers: