Traction Control Lite Blinks/ Engine Lite On

brentg

I had the same problem when I first bought my 91 Ls 400. The traction light on the bottom of the cluster starts to blink when an engine code is present. You need to figure out what the engine code is, and then when you fix it, the light should stop blinking. My vehicle was giving a code 27, which is lean air-fuel mixture. I replaced the front O2 sensors and it cured the problem. The light no longer blinks. My advise is to but some manuals or CD's on ebay which will give you in depth info on codes and repair. They have fixed every problem I have encountered and saved me massive amounts of money and trips to the dealer. If you can do it yourself, stay away from the dealer at all costs.

Thanks tleader, that is exactly the information I was lookng for. The only other information I need now is which scanner to buy, I am not looking for a

3,000.00 professional shop scanner, just a simple handheld scanner that will do the job. Does anybody have any suggestions? I noticed ebay has 125.00 for a equus scanner, I also noticed on 50.00 scanner ?????

Brent

obd scanners a re pretty generic some use the car for power otehrs use batteries

or mine uses the car unless needed then it uses the bateries inside

they all just download a code and flash it on a screen

only diferences are the size of the screen and price

some good ones will also show values of the cars sensors used in diagnostic repairs

not just sesnor trouble but they are moer like the few thousand dollarr ones