Fuse Location For Power Seats

hazya

Hey guys needing some help finding the problem with both my power seat not working on my 92 ls400, looked underneath the dash and didn't see a fuse for the seats nor underneath the hood. What kind of things should I checked for? BTW before now they have worked fine.

Did you move the seat all the way foward of was it found like that one day?

You may have a sticking switch causing a relay to lock out until it is fixed.

It was kinda found that way my brother drove it and when I got back in it it was like that he said he didn't do anything out of the ordinary, would a sticking swith cause both seats not to work, what kind of steps could I take to find the problem? oh and thanks so much for your time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Make sure the seat switch is moved all the way back and there is not coke or something sticky holding it in the Wong place.

You don;t happen to get dead batteries as well by chance?

i have searched everywhere in the forums, but can't seem to find the answer to my power seat problem. driver and pass don't work. power door locks don't work. i can hear the clicking under the dash when i press the lock button, but nothing happens. also, the seat belt hight adjuster works, but the memory and seat postion switches do nothing. and yes, if i don't drive the car everyday, the battery does go dead. usually after the 3rd day or so. any help would be appriciated.

thanks

brian

Hi,

After 2 years I hope I have the answer the seats are protected by a cut out which is located on the fuse panel behind the drivers side kick panel.

Above the 3 rows of fuses are 3 cut outs it is the one bottom left of the 3 that you need to reset ( I dont know how but there is normally a button you press on it to reset) this cutout protects the supply to the theft deterrent system ( may be why the central locking fails to work) the power seats and the gas filler flap.

Try reseting the cutout but if it trips again you may have a fault causing it.

If it does reset ok it may have just randomly tripped and you have sorted the problem

Hi,

After 2 years I hope I have the answer the seats are protected by a cut out which is located on the fuse panel behind the drivers side kick panel.

Above the 3 rows of fuses are 3 cut outs it is the one bottom left of the 3 that you need to reset ( I dont know how but there is normally a button you press on it to reset) this cutout protects the supply to the theft deterrent system ( may be why the central locking fails to work) the power seats and the gas filler flap.

If it does reset ok it may have just randomly tripped and you have sorted the problem

thanks... i will give it a shot in the morning.

well, i posted this about 30 mins ago, and couldn't wait to try it, so i went outside and found the fuses you were talking about... guess what... it worked. thank you so much.... i am gonna go to napa tomorrow and buy 3 new ones. i just traded out with another one, now my telescope wheel doesn't work, which is fine cause it was already where i wanted it... now my seats are too. thanks again.

brian

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I'm now having this same problem with a 1990 ls400. I can't find the cutout described. I have 4 rows of fuses.