Back Light Warning Light

choiboyogg

ok, so my brake light warning light has been on forever.

i noticed that one of my interior brake lights was out so i replaced it. but to no avail.

then i noticed that the reverse light was out. so i replaced that. but still no luck.

so i took new bulb and switched them out with each light to see if i could isolate the "weak" or "dying" bulb.

but nothing!

that damn warning light is killing me!

please help!!!

ok, so my brake light warning light has been on forever.

i noticed that one of my interior brake lights was out so i replaced it. but to no avail.

then i noticed that the reverse light was out. so i replaced that. but still no luck.

so i took  new bulb and switched them out with each light to see if i could isolate the "weak" or "dying" bulb.

but nothing!

that damn warning light is killing me!

please help!!!

Reset the ECU.

i disconnected the battery for 20 mins and when i got back in the car, and started it up, as soon i pressed the brake, the warning light came back on!!!!

im cursed, it wont shut off! i guess for now, ill have to replace all the bulbs.....

unless someone else has a better idea....???

I know on my 95 the light will come on if ANY outside light is out, includind the bumper marker lights. Are you sure it's the light warning and not brake pad wear warning light?

i know your in the ls forum but what kind of car do you have?if it says pad wear then you have to replace the ijndicator located btw the break pads, but if the brake warning light is on that means the pressure in the break system is low

You MUST use the correct OEM bulbs in ALL of the rear brake lights includng the high mounted one. If an individual bulb doesn't draw as much current as the original the ECU detects a open filament.

If you use LEDs you must parallel them with high wattage resistors.

Ahhhh, yes...the parking brake. Check it!!!! I forgot about that, very common problem. Nice suggestion Denny

It was just a thought. Many people do not know that the BRAKE light neans two different things. It could be a braking system problem or tell you the parking brake is on. Anyway, for what it is woth, it worked for me.

That is an indication that you have a rear bulb filament out. Since it only comes on after you apply the brakes the failed filament is one of the brake lights, possibly even the high mounted one.