Fuel Filter Schedule Change

cardona6569

I have been looking to see at what mileage the Fuel filter should be changed. I had a Supra and it was good for 50,000. But in the Lexus I own know I have not been able to see at what mileage is recommended by the factory. If anybody knows please let me know.

Sincerely,

C. Cardona

i dont think there is a recomended interval to change the filter and everyone says that these filters are some of the best. i just changed mine at 120k and mines still looked good

sha4000, was it hard to do? any problems? I'm going to do mine next week.

You can find a tutorial in the www.lexls.com , a lot of great info in the site, check it out, but that tutorial is for a 90-94, but it should be about the same for your model year. It is still a filter with two lines and a retainer bracket. I just bought one today, I will change it before going for my 75,000 miles check up. C

My fuel filter has over 200k on it. I wanted to have it changed as maintinance, but my local dealer refused the service...quite an abnormality. They told me it is a lifetime filter. My car runs perfect, so I figured I'd wait until it needs it to have them change it.

if you are not having any problems i would listen to blake and just leave it, but if you do it make sure you run your gas tank almost empty.be prepared to get some gas in your face :pirate: it was pretty easy it just took me a long time getting the new filter o with gas dripping in my eyes :wacko:

if you are not having any problems i would listen to blake and just leave it, but if you do it make sure you run your gas tank almost empty.be prepared to get some gas in your face :pirate: it was pretty easy it just took me a long time getting the new filter o with gas dripping in my eyes :wacko:

Hello: I went ahead and called the Lexus Customer line and this is what they said:

Ask me for the mileage of the car, told them 75,000 and then they said that there is not a mileage or a scheduled time to change the fuel filter, they only change it if the car has shown trouble. Not as part of any maintenance.

I am thinking about changing mine at a 100,000 since I did not buy an original part that one will be replaced after 50,000 if I still have the car and then if keeping the car, will put an original because the part is so everlasting. I stand corrected and friends you were correct in all your answers, I feel a lot of confidence when I read your postings.

C.