Leave Polish On For A Prolong Time

I have a general question.

1. You have washed the car.

2. Put on polish.

3. Left it for 8-9 hours.

*The polish has gotten hard, and stiff.

4. Using some more wax or polish to soften the finish, similar to putting lotion on your hands, you buff it out.

Everything done by using a regular buffer.

Can the the step 3 ruin the finish of the car? i.e. putting on hair line scratches, etc.

Note: Nothing else is done except for a good car wash before putting on the polish.

Thanks

Let's see which real detalier on this forum responds first. ;)

I have a general question.

1. You have washed the car.

2. Put on polish.

3. Left it for 8-9 hours.

*The polish has gotten hard, and stiff.

4. Using some more wax or polish to soften the finish, similar to putting lotion on your hands, you buff it out.

Everything done by using a regular buffer.

Can the the step 3 ruin the finish of the car? i.e. putting on hair line scratches, etc.

Note: Nothing else is done except for a good car wash before putting on the polish.

Thanks

Let's see which real detalier on this forum responds first. ;)

Did you leave the polish on until it dried?

Polish is meant to be worked in and wiped off right away.

The only product you would leave on would be a sealant or some waxes.

It must have been a real pain int he you know what to remove the polish after it dried!!

Next time you polish the paint, please wipe it off immediately!

A detail spray will help in removing the dried polish.

Sonus Quick detail spray

Put it this way.

The polish was inteneded to harden on the car. Since you left so much it did not stay applied and you caked it all right off.

It would only damage the finish if you scrubbed at it with old particles of polish in the cloth.

SK A polish is not intended to dry and harden on the car. Polishes are intended to be worked in and then wiped immediately off.

Its entirely possible that removing the hardened polish, especially if you used poor quality towels, would marr the surface of the paint.

As for how to correct it? Do a search and read all the articles posted here. More info than you need.

• 2 weeks later...

I have missed a spot or two before where the polish stayed on. Take an applicator and more polish and it removes it easily. Use only a clean microfibre towel. I usually put it on, wait a few seconds and wipe it off then buff with another clean microfibre towel.