Want To Buy A Gs300

Not many GS300's for sale in Oregon. Found one nice one in Tacoma Washington...but they want too much for it.

Makes me sad. :( Want to buy one soon....wife is pregnant, need a sedan instead of her 2 door hatchback.

Will one Lexus dealership ship a car to another?!?

You're right, the GS's are harder to come by. I hunted and searched for a good long time to get just the right one, and I just bought it a month ago.

My suggestion: It might be worth your while to look around the northern end of California (i.e. Steven's Creek Lexus, Lexus of Serramonte, Lexus of Monterey Peninsula, Putnum Lexus, etc.) If you find the right price and the right car that you are looking for, it may be worth your while to fly over, purchase it, and drive it back. Or, see if the dealerships will send it.

;) Congratulations on the new one to come (baby & Car).

Sorry to hear you problems finding a GS. The easiest way I believe to get one at a great price is to ask around for a dealer that takes people to dealer auctions. I brought my 99 GS400 for 15 grand. I gave the dealer 500 and paid like a 300-dollar auction fee. Granted my GS has over a hundred thousand miles but I would not settle for anything but the Black on Black 400. I've been to two dealer auctions a few times in the NY tri state area and I once saw a tan on tan 99 GS300 with 80 thousand miles go for 14,500. Make sure you work it out with the dealer who takes you that he or she only gets paid if you buy a car. Good luck.

Auctions sound like one way to go. Good Advise.

You're right about Oregon not having the car. If you go to Lexus.com and do a vehicle search for that car, Oregon comes up with nothing. Go to California, and there's 35 of them. Unlike the auction, you'd know right what's in front of you , miles, color, condition, etc. Again, might be worth looking at. It would cost you less than 300.00 for a one-way ticket, and you'd have a nice new car to drive - not too far - back.

Good Luck!

Hi,

I have a 1998 GS300 for sale. It's gold on tan with 51,000 miles on it. I bought the car a few months ago on a whim because the deal was so good. I want to buy a classic car and the wife won't let me have both so by,by Lex...it's been nice knowing ya'.

The Lexus is a great car...super clean and fully loaded (I bought it in Texas). Clean Carfax and only one or two minor rock chips on the front spoiler that are so minor I didn't even bother touching them up.

I'd like to get about $22,000 for it but there may be some room in order to offset shipping. Let me knmow if yuou are interested and I will send you some pics.

Hey PDXTXN, you might want to look at that....sounds like a deal ;)

I just bought mine - a 99, also Gold with Ivory, with 43K and paid about 27.5K

In person, it's a beautiful color and hot looking car. Haven't seen too many of that color around. Around here, the diamond white color is overpopulating!

We found one in Tacoma actually. 2000 with 29k miles, Certified, Platinum with the perforated seat, loaded out and has cool wheels for ~$29k. Going to go get it in a few hours.

Thanks for the suggestions. :cheers:

Update....its sitting in my driveway now! What a great ride....especially compared to my wife's old car. Perhaps it rides a bit TOO well though...she got a speeding ticket on the drive home! D'oh!!! :o :D

:D Congratulations!!!! and welcome to the Lexus family. Be sure to visit the lexusownersclub items and pick something up for the "baby to be" (bib, hat, etc., all too cute)

Anyhow, have fun and glad you didn't have come as far as California. Sounds like you got a GREAT deal.

D.