MP3 for the ES300

shangrilada

Hi !! I hope someone, anyone have some sort of information about mp3 players for the car.

I have a 1997 es300, would like to know what type of stereo system comes with this particular car? Is it the pioneer model?? I figure if I know what sort of stereo brand I got, I stand a good chance of going to the manufacturer and getting tips from them about a compatible mp3 cd changer.

I am familiar with the FM modulators and would not mind using one of those if I can find one that would fit nicely into the glove compartment.

Though my first option would be to get a compatible mp3 changer w/o the FM modulator...but I could get desperate and go FM if I dont find a compatible changer. If I must go the FM modulator route, does anyone know of an existing FM mod mp3 changer that would fit nicely into the glove compartment?

Thanks in advance,

Mike T.

• 4 months later...

i see no problem with adding an mp3-cd changer, but you're gonna need a new head unit. some of the newer gen's were given an option of nakamichi (i think)... and the base model is stuck with the pioneer model (i'm pretty sure).