Dvd Bypass Is Finally Here! For 2006 Gs

Dear all

this my first step to this nice place and im a new owner to 2006 Gs300 it is just 2000Km...

i want to your help plzzzz....i buaght my car without a DVD into it bcz the delaer tell me that this is the specification provided in the U.A.E Dubai. :cries:

i got a rear camera and navigation but no DVD on it....there is no sign of DVD on the front of the CD palyer...just a marke elvention brand name !!!!

i went to one of our famous shop in Dubai called (Car Audio center)....the guy told me that he have not done any modification for a new Gs300 2006 befor...and he told me that he will try to find a TV input/output at the back of the car near the camera unit....if he find it he will install a DVD changer to that...with a cost of 450 USD.... and he will fix a TV tuner so i can watch TV for 650 USD......

plzzzz advice...bcz i like my car and i like to be special with my GS.

Regards

faris330

Does anyone know if this works for the '05 LS430 at all?

I hate the fact that:

A: Toyota would rather you be killed on the side of the freeway pulling over to let the passenger fix the NAV programming. (This is South Florida, we have idiots that kill at least 2 cops a year slamming into thier cruisers on the side of the freeway. An old-man-silver LS430 is like invisable, especially compared to a cop car with flashing lights.)

B: Toyoya has their lawyers slap you in the face like you're an idiot child every time you start the car having to push "I AGREE".

You know dealing with Mercedes is like dealing with Satan. You always end up worse off every time you see them. However when I slide in my '06 SLK and turn the key, I see symbol, brief warning for 2 seconds about not using NAV while driving, and bam! Right to the map. Sure you can use all the features from the drivers seat, if you were stupid enough, but more important my passanger can, and I don't have to push the button every time I start the car. Hell, I can even push my seat and mirror preset in the SLK when in motion and have it work!

Now if I could just get Mercedes' Product, with Lexus Sales & Service, nirvana would be reached!

Dear all

this my first step to this nice place and im a new owner to 2006 Gs300 it is just 2000Km...

i want to your help plzzzz....i buaght my car without a DVD into it bcz the delaer tell me that this is the specification provided in the U.A.E Dubai.:cries:

i got a rear camera and navigation but no DVD on it....there is no sign of DVD on the front of the CD palyer...just a marke elvention brand name !!!!

i went to one of our famous shop in Dubai called (Car Audio center)....the guy told me that he have not done any modification for a new Gs300 2006 befor...and he told me that he will try to find a TV input/output at the back of the car near the camera unit....if he find it he will install a DVD changer to that...with a cost of 450 USD.... and he will fix a TV tuner so i can watch TV for 650 USD......

plzzzz advice...bcz i like my car and i like to be special with my GS.

Regards

faris330

Testing to see if your system has DVD capability is easy. If your car is equipped with the Mark Levinson DVD player, it should be able to play DVD's with the car parked. Make sure you put the DVD in the main stereo and not the glove box (that is for the navigation system). Also, it is possible that the DVD system is code locked, so you may want to try DVD's coded for North America. If it doesn't work then I guess you don't have the DVD system, but I find it hard to believe that Lexus would change out different 6 disc players for all their specific markets.

The bypass works great. Thanks for posting a truely helpful mod. It's too bad this doesn't bypass the Navi... otherwise this bypass would have been perfect. On top of that, saved $145... spent $5 for parts. :P

Someone was asking for other options to soldering. I used tap-in connectors. Cost a little more than solder, but it's a tool free connection and it's clean.

Other than that, instead of grounding to chasis, I connected to a ground wire coming out of the Nav unit on the same wire loom. I DO NOT recommend trying this. Don't even consider this unless you are absolutely sure of what your doing. I just mention this as another option that works.

Thanks again.

Anyone in New York who has done this willing to do this for a fee? :)

I live in Long Island, I did it and it works great. I'd be happy to show you what to do, But I don't think I would want to be responsible for the actual work.

mail me

hey for some reason its not letting me PM or email you...can you send me the info via PM or email me your address and I will respond..many thx

it's not letting me PM or mail you either....before we go nuts, what part of NY?

This is great information. Any idea if this procedure will work for the 2007 GS 450h I just got? It has a Gen 5 NAV system

A good first step to see if it would work would be to remove the front unit per the instruction provided and see if the outputs / wires match up. If they do, you should be in good shape. You never know, but I would not think that if the rear of the unit looks exactly the same that they would change the purpose of the connections.

blue06gs:

I stumbled across your postings regading the DVD conversion of your vehicle. Do you know if this is also available for other Lexus models? I recently purchased a 2002 LS 430 from a friend and I really would like to do this conversion.

Thanks,

Vince

I have a new 06 GS300 and I would love to do this mod on my car. I'm in New York City (Queens). Anyone remotely close-by who will be willing to do this for me for a fee? I have no idea how to solder, and ground, etc. etc., so I'd rather just pay someone else. let me know: digg1er at hot mail dot com. cheers.

Are there any known side effects of performing this mod? any at all? will the navigation satellite signal be less responsive or slower at all? I know the warranty is voided, but I don't care about that. (They would never find out about it if done right)

• 3 weeks later...

Aye i have a new gs300 2006 i wanted to know how many people have succesfully completed the dvd modification .

I did the mod following the directions step-by-step. I soldered the connections using heat-shrink tubing. Excellent modification. It did take me a few weeks to decided to snip the wires on my new car, but I am happy I did

Thanks for clarifying, 06gs430. There's actually a "nav kit" which will allow you to override the navi which is selling for $99. It's also removable as well, and bypasses the "I Agree" disclaimer. Although this is for the Prius navi system, it should work on the GS as well since it's the same unit. I'm not 100% sure, but here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm

NAV%20I%20AGREE%20and%20DESTINATION%20INPUT1.JPG

Has anyone ordered and installed the Costaletech I-Agree bypass in their Lexus with Nav/ML stereo? If so, does it work with the bypass in this thread?

thanks, boB

I live in rockland county, in pomona by the palisades mall

That's about an hour from me....give me your email... I will contact you

hey mike, can you email me at fmlexus06gs@aol.com I have a question for you... thanks so much -Frank

• 1 month later...

This is great information. Any idea if this procedure will work for the 2007 GS 450h I just got? It has a Gen 5 NAV system

I have use the pre-posted procedure for the GS and adapted it to the GS450h. The only difference is that the pink wire (other GS) of the passenger side plug is replace by a white wire (with silver dot) of the middle plug for the 450h (pin number 16, bottom row of the passenger side of the middle plug). The rest of the procedure is the same…

DVD - NAV Bypass for GS450h 2007

I will only post this file for a few days at this address. I would like if somebody could post it on this site !

FAQ :

:whistles: Yes this work perfectly for the GS450h. Our girl friend, (for some of use, our right hand) can now use every function of the console even while driving.

:P This modification will not affect the GPS because of the loop we have done bettween the purple wire and the white wire.

:( Since the GPS still thinck that we are mouving, you have to do the following to have acces to all function of the GPS (with your girl friend) while the car is mouving :

PRESS IN SEQUENCE :

«MENU»

«Volume"«

touching the top left corner

bottomn left corner

top left corner

bottomn left corner

«Over Ride» for five second (until it come dark bleu)

«back»

You will see, this is not difficult to remember...

:) Believe me, this is all done in less then 20 minutes and it is worth it.

:censored: The only bug, is that you will find out that the famous wood they sell us is only plastic and that most of the interior leather is vinyl (but with the price of the oil barrel at $70, plastic is probably more expensive then the real thing !!!)

;) Have fun… IMPORTANT, I do not take any responsibilities if you are not concentrated on the road will driving...

Sorry if my english is not to good I am a french canadian !!!

Thanks for clarifying, 06gs430. There's actually a "nav kit" which will allow you to override the navi which is selling for $99. It's also removable as well, and bypasses the "I Agree" disclaimer. Although this is for the Prius navi system, it should work on the GS as well since it's the same unit. I'm not 100% sure, but here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm

NAV%20I%20AGREE%20and%20DESTINATION%20INPUT1.JPG

Has anyone ordered and installed the Costaletech I-Agree bypass in their Lexus with Nav/ML stereo? If so, does it work with the bypass in this thread?

thanks, boB

This particular harness wont work in a GS, look at the plug, they are not even close to the one of a GS - May be they have other type of harness ! But, why pay when you can do it for nothing with nothing in less than 20 minutes... And reversable... Just re-crimp the 3 cut wires !

• 4 weeks later...

So, I was looking on the IS 250/350 forum and saw a reference to people who have had problems with their NAVS after performing the modification to watch DVD's in motion. I only saw second hand accounts of the problems, no real first hand experience. Is everyone still doing well with their NAVS?

So, I was looking on the IS 250/350 forum and saw a reference to people who have had problems with their NAVS after performing the modification to watch DVD's in motion. I only saw second hand accounts of the problems, no real first hand experience. Is everyone still doing well with their NAVS?

No problems - works fine.

• 3 months later...