Dvd Bypass Is Finally Here! For 2006 Gs

yes ive double triple checked everything.

i followed exact directions. i have a very big feeling one of the wires is incorrect in the directions. after all if the mod doesn't work, then it doesn't work, however, why is my phone button inoperable now? thats what i dont understand.

yes ive double triple checked everything.

i followed exact directions.    i have a very big feeling one of the wires is incorrect in the directions.  after all if the mod doesn't work, then it doesn't work, however, why is my phone button inoperable now? thats what i dont understand.

hey i'm sorry to hear that your having a problem. however, i'm not the one that came up with the directions so i hope your not upset with me.

all i can tell you is that i did it on my car and everythign works perfect. i even shot a movie to prove it but its 6megs big and it wont let me post it.

again, i'm sorry it didn't work for you, all i can think is that you cut the wrong wires...put everything back to how it was and try again....

PRINT the directions out and keep them in the car with you....those pics are your best friend when your cutting them....

ok so here's an update everyone.

i went into the known operator menu by hitting (MENU) then "Volume" then touching the top left corner, bottomn left corner, top left corner, bottomn left corner. This brings up a sort of operatorish program. (i saw this before in another post).

I then held the override button until it was highlighted. Voila. My phone button now works. It lets me dial number while driving. The navigation and everything also unlocked and everything worked fine.

No i parked and turned off the car.

Turned it back on. Sadly the navigation buttons are still locked HOWEVER............THE PHONE BUTTONS REMAIN UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't tried a DVD yet, im gonna go do it now.

Hey blue gs, no worries bra i aint upset with you at all. Just tell me, do your nav buttons work now too? Or just your DVD and phone? Lemme know and thanks again. :-)

ok so here's an update everyone.

i went into the known operator menu by hitting (MENU)  then "Volume"    then touching the top left corner, bottomn left corner, top left corner, bottomn left corner.        This brings up a sort of operatorish program. (i saw this before in another post).

I then held the override button until it was highlighted.        Voila.      My phone button now works.  It lets me dial number while driving.  The navigation and everything also unlocked and everything worked fine.

No i parked and turned off the car.

Turned it back on.  Sadly the navigation buttons are still locked HOWEVER............THE PHONE BUTTONS REMAIN UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't tried a DVD yet, im gonna go do it now.

Hey blue gs, no worries bra i aint upset with you at all.  Just tell me, do your nav buttons work now too?  Or just your DVD and phone?          Lemme know and thanks again. :-)

hey i'm still sorry to hear that its not working properly in your car....everything still works in my car, the phone button, the nav buttons, flipping to audio/climate whatever...basically it works the same exact way it did before but now it plays dvds while i'm driving...

please let me know if you end up getting everything fixed...

can you take a pic of the wires you cut??? maybe i might be able to advise you through pics....feel free to PM me if you want...

SUCCESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

blue GS you're the MAN for posting this!!!!!!!!!

ok so i was under the impretion that this mod unlocks ALL safety features. It doesn't. It only unlocks the DVD and control of the PHONE.

Everyone, feel free to try this, it works perfectly. Couldn't ask for anything more.

And if you ever wanna use the nav features, just use the override thing i put a few posts up :-)

im EXTREMELY happy

hey honestly guys, getting someone else to do it for 150 bucks is stupid because

a. you're wasting a hundred and fifty bucks

b. someone else working on your car is different than you doing it, because its YOUR car and not there's and they dont really give a *BLEEP* (this is just my opinion). Of course some obvious things HAVE to be done by a pro, but this is osmething you can do yourself.

It only took me about 30 minutes.

see here's the thing. i thought that this mod disables ALL of the security features. but it's specifically for the phone and the dvd.

remember i mentioned in the beginning my phone button on the steering wheel wasn't working? i dunno if that was a fluke or what but everything works fine now. so i dunno. all i know is it works perfectly, and its completely reversible. no one will ever know unless they open up ur entire navi/cd system. i definately think its worth taking a shot at. Especially if you have kids or a talkative girlfriend (she's a doll but talks a lot) the DVD mesmerizes them ;-)

i definately think its worth taking a shot at.    Especially if you have kids or a talkative girlfriend (she's a doll but talks a lot)    the DVD mesmerizes them    ;-)

haha, well said 06gs430....this mod is definately worth doing, even if you dont plan on watching movies while you drive, you'll be glad you have it if the need ever arises.

also, this mod releases all the safety features for the phone features. so those of you that use the bluetooth feature will benefit from this mod.

It really isn't that hard to do, even if you are a novice. i'm sure 06gs430 will be able to tell you that its really quite simple to do this mod....spend the $150 on something else for your car!

no it does not. to do that you have to do the menu->volume->top left corner, bottmn left, top left bottomn left -> hold down override.

this will work until u turn off your car. Once u turn it back on, you have to do the override again.

This Mod PERMANANETLY unlocks the On screen Phone Control for bluetooth users, and the DVD becomes visible while the car is in motion.

Thanks for clarifying, 06gs430. There's actually a "nav kit" which will allow you to override the navi which is selling for $99. It's also removable as well, and bypasses the "I Agree" disclaimer. Although this is for the Prius navi system, it should work on the GS as well since it's the same unit. I'm not 100% sure, but here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm

NAV%20I%20AGREE%20and%20DESTINATION%20INPUT1.JPG

here's how to bypass the Navi-Input Lock.

This is only temporary though, and you'll have to do it again whenever you shut off the car. The above solution is permanent as long as you have that unit plugged in. Then again, some people might not mind doing that each time and save themselves $99. :D

im having trouble uploading this video but do you knkow if that              plug would work on a car that has had the DVD modification performed on it?

I have no idea, but you can always email them to find out. If you do, let us know!

I guess I didn't realize that the 06's came with a dvd/navigatioin system, where as my 98 gs only has navigation. In that case I guess the mod wouldn't work on my car....... I'll have to buy a navi to dvd converter from lextasy.com I guess that should work allright.