Dvd Bypass Is Finally Here! For 2006 Gs

no problems on my end. everything works fine. the ipod integration kit from vaistech is even working perfectly with my whole system.

Mine is an 07 not an 06 and I believe there is a software difference. I'm concerned about compatability.

a friend of mine got a 07 ES, and it doesn't work because of software compatability issues. can you access the operator ovveride hidden menu comand through ur cars navigation? if no, then the mod probably wont work eitiher.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm teetering on getting a GS450h and having the dealer install the vaitech (sp?) iPod kit. Would so love having the limitations of the "not while vehicle is in motion" "safety" feature. (Not really interested in watching movies, but would love to be able to use the Nav system while in motion).

I've perused through the 11+ pages of this post, but haven't been able to determine if the bypass will:

[1] Work in '07s and

[2] Will work with the iPod kit installed.

• 3 weeks later...

argelius, the dealer will NEVER in a million years perform that mod on your car. anything that disables factory saftey settings is a NONO to dealers. i doubt they'll install the ipod thing either.

argelius, the dealer will NEVER in a million years perform that mod on your car. anything that disables factory saftey settings is a NONO to dealers. i doubt they'll install the ipod thing either.

Oh, I know they'd never do the DVD bypass thing. They did install the Vaistech ipod kit, which works great expect for all the f*&^ing limitations imposed by the "don't touch your touchscreen never, never while the car is in motion" lockouts...

• 5 weeks later...
Sounds good....now all I need to do is find someone in Florida who is willing to try this on my car.

Also, am I correct in assuming this may void the warranty for the navigation system, if not the lexus?

Has anyone tried this on the 2007 LS460?????????

Sounds good....now all I need to do is find someone in Florida who is willing to try this on my car.

Also, am I correct in assuming this may void the warranty for the navigation system, if not the lexus?

Has anyone tried this on the 2007 LS460?????????

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if you had the guys contact in So. Cal for the GPS/Phone?DVD bypass.

Thanks!

Although I dont recommend watching dvds while driving, its definately nice to have if you have kids or even to entertain your friends, girlfriend, wife, etc...

Its an easy fix that you can do yourself (I did it on my car in about 2 hours and that was going slow to ensure that I didn't F anything up!)

The guy that figured it out is located in Southern Cali and has a shop out there, so those of you that live out there and dont want to do it yourselves, he charges $150.

I'm at work right now, so I will post up the directions and the guys shop address/phone later when I get home.

I just wanted to see how many people out there with the 2006 GS would be interested in doing this??

BTW: This procedure also bypasses the bluetooth lock, so you will be able to dial out from the screen while the car is in motion also.

Will the dvd bypass (watching movies) work in a 2007 GS 350 mark levinson system?

will the navigation "temporary" bypass (pushing various buttons) work in a 2007 GS 350 mark levinson system?

thanks.......if you guys can help...

Tai

I was wondering if you had the guys contact in So. Cal for the GPS/Phone?DVD bypass.

Thanks!

Although I dont recommend watching dvds while driving, its definately nice to have if you have kids or even to entertain your friends, girlfriend, wife, etc...

Its an easy fix that you can do yourself (I did it on my car in about 2 hours and that was going slow to ensure that I didn't F anything up!)

The guy that figured it out is located in Southern Cali and has a shop out there, so those of you that live out there and dont want to do it yourselves, he charges $150.

I'm at work right now, so I will post up the directions and the guys shop address/phone later when I get home.

I just wanted to see how many people out there with the 2006 GS would be interested in doing this??

BTW: This procedure also bypasses the bluetooth lock, so you will be able to dial out from the screen while the car is in motion also.

I did this mod about a year ago (see my previous post in this thread) and lo and behold, recently none of my DVDs play sound.

Anyone else have this problem?

I also had to replace two parking sensors, both went faulty (at the same time) a few months ago. At every complete stop, they would warn that I was about to hit something in the front. I had to put it in park at every red light to make it shut up, and I had to just deal with the beeping at every stop sign till I brought it back up over 5mph or so. Took it to the dealer and they gave me two new sensors, which fixed that problem.

I hope neither of these problems were related to the bypass (who knows!), but if anyone does know how to fix my sound issue with playing DVDs please lmk.

I followed the instructions to the "T" and I don't think there was an error on my end!

I want to hear my DVDs again! Please help me troubleshoot this!

Allow me to add - I just was out there messing with the thing to try and fix it, I think the problem is due to a faulty DVD player and may not be related to this modification.

It wont eject disks now, nor load any new ones. It just gives a buzzing sound as if something is stuck in there. And now I get "DVD ERROR" printed to the screen when they go to play. The problem was not as bad earlier, I would get video and could switch between disks. Now I get nothing and can't switch between them. This sucks!

But don't worry, if you want to do this mod, it's a great mod. I probably just have a faulty system....

me again

I fixed my DVD player.

Apparently the machine lost count of how many disks were in there, that combined with it getting jammed up, caused some infinite loop in the circuitry.

I was able to slim jim the changer, and get it unstuck by probing around in there with the jimmy, pressing down onto the next disk down in the stack (yea no scratches!)

The changer door (which was stuck open) then shut and after a few cycles of ejecting disks, turning the car back off and back on a few times.. clearing it out and rebooting it did the trick.

I'm back to where I was before I had the problem!

I initially thought that maybe I placed a DVD in there that still had burrs on the edges (I usually check, but I remembered that the last DVD I put in there, I never fingered the inner and outer edges to check for extra plastics from the manufacturing process). However, that was not the case, as it was not a burr problem. It was just a strange quirk that I don't have an explanation for, but alas, it is fixed.

Carry on!

• 2 weeks later...
Will the dvd bypass (watching movies) work in a 2007 GS 350 mark levinson system?

will the navigation "temporary" bypass (pushing various buttons) work in a 2007 GS 350 mark levinson system?

thanks.......if you guys can help...

Tai

I would be curious about the DVD bypass as well for a 2007 GS.

I have a 2007 GSh and the navigation "temporary" bypass does not work (it's been removed from the new Navigation discs). Based on posts here and here, it is possible to create a new Nav DVD that brings back the override function. Thus far I've been about 90% successful -- can now enter Nav instructions on the fly, but the touch screen has become really sluggish ((<5 sec delay between press and action). I'm guessing it doesn't like the brand of DVD I used, so am going to try a different one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great Written Instructions! My friend and I were able to execute it in half an Hour! It works PErfectly! If anyone is interested, my friend is an audio expert and he can do it for u. He Lives In Los Angeles and is willing to drive to the comfort of ur home. If u want to reach him you can at (818)245-0418 his name is Freddy! ENjoy the experience I am!!

Great Written Instructions! My friend and I were able to execute it in half an Hour! It works PErfectly! If anyone is interested, my friend is an audio expert and he can do it for u. He Lives In Los Angeles and is willing to drive to the comfort of ur home. If u want to reach him you can at (818)245-0418 his name is Freddy! ENjoy the experience I am!!

Does anyone know if this produre will work on a 2007 GS 350 or if not is there a procedure for a 2007 GS 350?

If you have ML, your car can play DVD.

To get the DVD hack, 3 wire cuts and 2 connections are necessary, and if you install a switch, you can also do the navi override.

If you don't have ML, your car can't play DVD.

However, the bypass hack will give you the ability to dial out from BT while in-motion and browse MP3 folders. You only need to cute 2 wires and make one connection.

This applies to both 06 and 07; however, one of the wires is different between the 2 years.

me again

I fixed my DVD player.

Apparently the machine lost count of how many disks were in there, that combined with it getting jammed up, caused some infinite loop in the circuitry.

I was able to slim jim the changer, and get it unstuck by probing around in there with the jimmy, pressing down onto the next disk down in the stack (yea no scratches!)

The changer door (which was stuck open) then shut and after a few cycles of ejecting disks, turning the car back off and back on a few times.. clearing it out and rebooting it did the trick.

I'm back to where I was before I had the problem!

I initially thought that maybe I placed a DVD in there that still had burrs on the edges (I usually check, but I remembered that the last DVD I put in there, I never fingered the inner and outer edges to check for extra plastics from the manufacturing process). However, that was not the case, as it was not a burr problem. It was just a strange quirk that I don't have an explanation for, but alas, it is fixed.

Carry on!