Dvd Bypass Is Finally Here! For 2006 Gs

does anyone know where or how i can upload a video clip?    i cant figure it out and its *BLEEP*ing me off because this video is a pretty neat trick to do

Email the clip to me at foo_tek82@yahoo.com and I'll host it for you.

attempting one last time to post the video of how to get by your Navigation safety locks while the car is in motion, without any modifications to the car.

Remember this goes away each time you turn off and on your car.

It's a *.mov file. It should just play once you click on it. I'm going to be as specific as possible.

Press Menu

press Volume

on the volume page

touch the top left corner of the screen

then touch bottomn left corner of the screen

then again the top left corner of the screen

then again the bottomn left corner of the screen

if you do it right, an operator screen comes up. with several buttons.

You're gonna HOLD DOWN the button that says OVERRIDE . After about 5 seconds the override button becomes highilighted (or selected, i think it gets an outline around it) When it does this, just hit back, then OK on the volume screen and you're all set. This will work until you restart the car. Then you'll have to do it again.

Thanks.......I actually figured it out this morning.........but what do you mean by "permanent" on screen phone control? It seemed to overrided the navigation control....which is good. I can do the sequence before taking a trip or when I think I may need to use the navigation system.

What about the phone control though. My buttons still seemed to go off when I drive. Does it not override this? That is actually even more important. I cannot even call into work or return pages without being able to at least hit a "0" after I dial to get the operator. Otherwise I just get a repeating message to hit a number for different departments.

no in order to override the phone controls, you'd have to do the modification described earlier in this post (pictures and detailed instructions are supplied) i did it on my own car, took about 45 minutes and works like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...
Although I dont recommend watching dvds while driving, its definately nice to have if you have kids or even to entertain your friends, girlfriend, wife, etc...

Its an easy fix that you can do yourself (I did it on my car in about 2 hours and that was going slow to ensure that I didn't F anything up!)

The guy that figured it out is located in Southern Cali and has a shop out there, so those of you that live out there and dont want to do it  yourselves, he charges $150.

I'm at work right now, so I will post up the directions and the guys shop address/phone later when I get home.

I just wanted to see how many people out there with the 2006 GS would be interested in doing this??

BTW: This procedure also bypasses the bluetooth lock, so you will be able to dial out from the screen while the car is in motion also.

Hi - just wanted to thank blue06gs for the great bypass for dvd and dialing.  only took bout an hour goin slow and it works absolutely perfect. no one should be hesistant to try this bypass.  good luck and thanks!

Hey, your welcome 06GreatScott! I'm glad that i could help you guys out.

Enjoy it and be safe!!

Would it be possible to put a switch on this modification so that you can turn the saftey feature on and off?

Reason I ask is my friend was pulled over for having the DVD playing in the front seat. He added the on/off switch so if a cop is near he can turn the safety back on and it looks like the stock navigation.

Thanks

Would it be possible to put a switch on this modification so that you can turn the saftey feature on and off?

Reason I ask is my friend was pulled over for having the DVD playing in the front seat.  He added the on/off switch so if a cop is near he can turn the safety back on and it looks like the stock navigation.

Thanks

your car alrelady has a "switch" all you gotta do is push the PHONE button on ur steering wheel, and the car immediately switches to the phone mode on the screen. or u can just press the NAVI button and it does the same thing. there's no point in putting a switch. the cop isn't gonna sit in ur car with you and say "drive so i see that the screen disables when the car goes past 5 mph" besides this, id ont think a switch can work because the mod requires cutting of certain wires and weldling together of certain wires. you'd have to instsall a full relay system, and i really don't think you want to do that. this is just my opinion though.

If the nav cannot receive signal from the satellites due to high buildings or structures obstruction, it will approx the car location base on speed and direction the car is heading. Since we are tricking the unit to think that the car is at park, does it mean that nav will not continue to track if the signal cannot be received from the sat? Anyone who had done the bypass and live in the city (ie. NYC), please let us know how it works.

no no no, dont worry about that. we're not tricking the Navigation system, were tricking the car's safety features. The car's navigation will always be online, will always autoreroute, everything is fine, its just the CAR thinks its in park, NOT the navigation.

no no no, dont worry about that. we're not tricking the Navigation system, were tricking the car's safety features.    The car's navigation will always be online, will always autoreroute, everything is fine, its just the CAR thinks its in park, NOT the navigation.

This is right on the money! Everything still works perfectly and you wont even be able to tell that a mod has been done till you pop in a movie!

Tha nav will still track your car driving down the road.