Small Scratches In Quarter Panel - What To Do?

Nwahs

While backing up in tight quarters, I carelessly "slid past" a manzanita bush, and it left several visible scratches on the quarter panel. Doesn't look like they went all the way through the paint, but I'm not sure.

What kind of pro should I take this to to get it fixed? (and do you know any in the San Jose area you'd recommend). I don't really trust myself with abrasives/caly/polishers. Unless it really is an easy task.

Thanks for the suggestions, in advance.

The car (2001 GS300) is at work with my wife, so I can't more closely examine the scratches right now. It's the sea foam green color.

Thanks for the meguires product info - I'll look into that (I assume if the scratches aren't too deep).

What colour is your car?

Does the scratches have a different colour showing the primer under it?

Try meguires scratchX it works great and uses no equipment.

Another option os the Sonus Hand Polish Bundle

This contains Sonus SFX-1 Polish and Sonus SFX-3 finish polish, a Sonus SFX Pro applicator.

Start by washing the scratched area and dry it.

Then take the SFX-1 and apply a dime size dab to the yellow side of the applicator and polish the scratched area until you see the scratches disappear.

Wipe the polish off and turn the applicator to the black side and apply a dime size dab of the SFX-3 polish and repeat the polishing of the area like before.

Wipe the area and inspect. The scratch should be gone.

Finish by applying wax or sealant to the area.

Sonus Hand Polish Bundle

I would recommend sonus Der WUnder Buffing towels for the removal of the polishes.

Sonus Der Wunder Buffing towels