Replacing Bulb In Rear Window

Wubbman

Hey guys! Its been quite awhile since I've posted here. Anyways, my tail light sensor has been on for a few months about a brake light that is burned out in my rear window (the bank of brake lights that sit above the passenger seats, see the accompanying pic). Anyways, how do I fix it without taking it to a shop? It doesn't look like there's a way to take it apart from what I can tell. Also, what light bulb do I need? Thanks for any help.

post-3683-1127878317_thumb.jpg

You need to grab it and pull towards the front of the car.

It is a real !Removed! to get out and sometimes breaks tabs ,but nothgin crazy glue cannot fix real easy.

I pried up at each corner first to release the clips and then pulled forward. Worked perfectly with no broken tabs.

It is a real !Removed! to get out and sometimes breaks tabs ,but nothgin crazy glue cannot fix real easy.

I pried up at each corner first to release the clips and then pulled forward. Worked perfectly with no broken tabs.

Excellent. Thanks all.

Excellent. Thanks all.

Glad to see this post. I did a lot of prying and Lexus dealer's advice wasn't that good. After prying up on the unit, I slipped a small "L" bracket under the lip and pulled it off easily with pliers--like stated above, just pulling straight back towards front of car.