How Do You Keep It Shiny?

Paint it white.

Alright, that may be impractical. My GS300 is white, and it is so easy to keep looking good. I have a black 2002 Accord Coupe that is nearly impossible to keep looking good. Never again will I own a black car.

I wash it once a week, and I have a really soft duster I use on it about every day to keep the dust off. That keeps it looking pretty good, but man it is high maintenance. I sympathize with you. Black is not easy.

ZAINO! <_<

No matter what you use to Wax, Polish etc... Dust, Pollen, etc... Will always be seen on the black car [ I own 2 of them ] So dusting is the only way to keep them looking good. No matter what color the car is the same amount of buildup occurs, It just can't be seen as well on say silver or white, But it's there. So in reality all cars should be cared for in the same way and frequency. My opinion. ;)

Zaino is the absolute best to keep the cars finish looking good. But you car aquires a static charge right when you start moving, Zaino is notorious for this. So dirt and stuff very easily adhere to the surface. Zaino makes a finish enhancer called Z6, that reduces the static charge on the surface, HUGE HUGE difference!!

I do a quick wipe down of the whole car (panels, windows, rims, etc) after I wash it. Finish looks great for quite a while.

Hope that helps.

-Sanj

There is nothing nicer than a black car.............when it's clean!  :whistles:    :blink:  I personally will never own another dark colour car again because of the amount of time one has to spend cleaning them.  B)

:cheers:

I agree. Mine looks so good when its clean but it looks like that for ~ 15 miles.

All you can do is wash it as often as you can, I wash mine twice a week.

Read around this forum and the articles that are posted. LOTS to learn about detailing and all the products and techniques you can be using.

As for Zaino, I'm not a polymer fan on dark cars. To me the finish looks plasticy and makes the paint look cheap. I'm a carnuaba fan myself and usually put another layer of Souveran on mine every week or two.

• 2 weeks later...
My 2002 Lexus GS300 is Black Onyx.  How do you keep it clean?  Other than washing it daily!  I have tried polishing and waxing, but the next day it looks dusty and dirty and the shine is gone.  Any tips?  This is my first black vehicle.

Thanks!

ZYMOL WAX BEST I HAVE EVER FOUND

• 1 month later...

Washing it weekly isn't enough, the finish needs to be protected several times a year with some sort of wax or sealant.

Washing it every week is neccisary and will make cleanup time easier, but cleanup time is still neccisary.