Dallas Area Lexus Service

TexLexus

I currently have maintained my vehicle at Park Place Grapevine, it has also a long history of Sewell too. Just recently I got a copy of the service records from Sewell and we found that our timing belt kit was replaced at 53000 miles.(I'm very happy).

My main concern is that I was reading through the forum and noticed that JP Importz is very active member, and it lists a website too.

Does anyone know if they are still in business? I can't access their website for the last couple of days and I need some service done to my LS.

I have heard nothing but good things about this shop, and I would like to switch to them since the dealer is getting too pricey.

Thanks,

Tex

Jason is out in Garland. I drive from Louisiana to have him work on my LS when it needs it...he's honest and does great work! He is still in business, but I hear he is quite busy these days! Here's the last phone # I have in my phone: 214 221-3135, his shop is on Security St.

• 2 weeks later...
I currently have maintained my vehicle at Park Place Grapevine, it has also a long history of Sewell too.

Which dealership do you like the best for service? I bought my LS430 at Sewall but Grapevine Park Place is much closer to me. Just wondering who gives the best service?

I noticed a new Davenport going up on my way to Sewell the other day. I think it was on Inwood or possibly Mockingbird, not far from the intersection with Maple or Cedar Springs. It wasn't open yet, but did have a big temporary sign up. I guess it's the same Davenport boys. Anybody else with experience with Davenport in Plano?

I had a good experience with Sewell despite the cost of strut rod replacement. The car drives MUCH better. They also goodwilled a seatbelt replacement. And BS or not, but the service advisor noticed that I drive on dusty roads a lot, and said that they usually dress the tires with that shiny goop after washing the car, but would not do that in my case because of the way that stuff attracts dirt. He's right, and I appreciate the attention to detail. He was also good about keeping me up to speed on their progress on the repairs and walked me out to the service bay to show me what they found with the strut rods.

I've had work done at Sewell of Dallas, no problems there. Now Sewell of Fort Worth was an absolute mess I don't recommend them at all from my two visits there. Then there is Park Place of Plano which does good work but the service was very very poor for the three times I went there, never again! The best repair service and customer service has consistently been at Park Place of Grapevine. I also have used Davenport before and they messed up my front wheel bearing job pretty bad ( the inside steel cap wasn't seated right and water leaked and rusted the bearings within 2 months, also nut reinstalled on upper control arm ball joint was one size too large and was only being held in place by the cotter pin). I have not tried JPimportz. These are just my personal experiences and I should mention that I am very very picky!