Best Lexus Dealer In Nyc

lwlee

Which one? Looking to buy an extended warranty.

Update: I've done some research on this board, in case anyone else has the same questions.

Update 2: No longer considering an extended warranty but still interested in a good dealer for servicing. It looks like all the local NYC/NJ dealers are good except for Lexus Manhattan and Massapequa which just happened to be owned by the same group. Bay Ridge is also bad, though I've always heard bad things about Brooklyn auto dealers.

good reviews

Rallye Lexus

NJ dealers generally have good reviews

bad reviews

Lexus of Manhattan

Lexus of Massapequa

I have used Rallye and have said good things about them in the past. They did the right thing by me. Massapequa was a horror. Just to let you know Massapequa and Rockville Center are the same owner. Manhatten and Bayridge are from the same group. Found this out when I was looking for a new dealer too.

As far as service, Brooklyn Bay Ridge Lexus is horrible. My friend with a brand new LS 430 2001 had to wait 3 and a half hours for an oil change.

I dont know about the dealership. I heard the Manhattan one is also bad. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking from my well documented experience, I can say that people should avoid Lexus of Massapequa like the plague. And yes, Rockville Center is owned by the same people. STAY AWAY, FOR YOUR SAKE, PLEASE!!!

I have been bringing my MDX to Rallye Acura for a year now and they have been professional in every way. They might not be the cheapest service provider, but they are by far the best. It is easily felt when you walk in. Everything about the place is professional.

I am going to bring my bum 2001 ES to Rallye, maybe next week. Hopefully they will be more honest than Massapequa.

Just to review, Massapequa would claim to have looked at things and they would typically say "Symptom could not be reproduced".

For instance, my heated seats were wired the wrong way, the left would control the right, the right would control the left! Now I don't know whether it was wired this way from the factory or that they F'ed up when they were installing the remote starter, but they absolutely insisted that they checked and found nothing wrong with them.

One day I had the opportunity to show the manager over there and he took care of it in 5 minutes.

Same thing with the breaks. I kept on complaining about bad breaks. After I threatened legal action, all of a sudden on the next check they found out that the breaks were badly "glazed" and needed replacement.

These guys are a perfect example of the typical hustle of NY shops, not just limited to car dealership. NY is a breeding ground for dishonest people. And it is sad that these A-holes will do anything just to make that extra dollar.

So the best thing to do is avoid them.

I look forward to my experiences with Rallye Lexus.

• 4 months later...

Stay away from Rallye if you need service done. I had check engine like on along with Trac light brought it in need new oxygen sensor and decarbonization and new air filter Total bill was 746 out of that 4 hours of labor at 105 an hour. The job took 1 hour they was fast and professional but they lied to me about Book Rate on the mechanic that work on it and they charged me also a apprentice so that’s why it’s 4 hours of labor!! I was so *BLEEP* called Lexus up they haven’t got back to me yet. I had a good prior experience with Lexus of Englewood in NJ.

Stay away from Rallye if you need service done. I had check engine like on along with Trac light brought it in need new oxygen sensor and decarbonization and new air filter Total bill was 746 out of that 4 hours of labor at 105 an hour. The job took 1 hour they was fast and professional but they lied to me about Book Rate on the mechanic that work on it and they charged me also a apprentice so that’s why it’s 4 hours of labor!! I was so *BLEEP* called Lexus up they haven’t got back to me yet. I had a good prior experience with Lexus of Englewood in NJ.

You said they were fast and professional, they completed everything correctly, fixed your problem, had two people work on it so you would get out quick. So since they did the right thing, fixed your car right and wre fast, they cheated you. Would you have felt better if they made you sit and wait four hours. You get what you pay for. Next time go to a local, drop your car off for two days, let them figure it out, order parts(maybe not from Lexus), hope they fixed the car, pay the same price, but feel better because you feel they did the right thing. Wake up you pay for convinence and knowledge. You have to change your way of thinking. When I am in a pinch and need something done faster than normal in other areas of life(plummers, exterminators, electricians) they charge you extra for getting it done quicker. Here you get that and you complain. Look at it from their point of veiw. They hustle, spend tons of time training and buying special tools so they can knock work our quicker and better, and you want him to get paid less for his expertise. Sounds like you got a government job. In the real world you get paid for your performance and quality, if you want cheap go to Joe's gas station and hope they don't f*up your car.

Sorry for the rant, but I had a customer in my line of work the other day wanting me to give away my talent because I finished his job(and admited by him as excellent) three days early. He now will not pay me the balance of our agreement. So that's what I get for 20+ years of training and skill. People like you..... It is people like you that actually hurt businesses.

Hey Newuser, no response. In my world to be silent is to concur.

new user is right to feel that way b/c it should not take four hours to change 02 sensors and an air filter plus decarbonize, he should of been charged for 1 hour at the most

new user is right to feel that way b/c it should not take four hours to change 02 sensors and an air filter plus decarbonize, he should of been charged for 1 hour at the most
I agree. ;) It's one thing to say the job costs $750 because that's what we can get and that's what we'll charge. It's entirely another to lie and say that it took substancially longer than it actually did to overcharge a customer. Shame on them.

They hustle, spend tons of time training and buying special tools so they can knock work our quicker and better, and you want him to get paid less for his expertise.
Changing an O2 sensor is not much different from changing a headlight bulb-you unplug it, remove it, and put the new one in. There is nothing special or challenging about it. Through the years of having an ES300, we've changed all of the O2 sensors in it, and it takes about 5 minutes/sensor if you stop for a break in the middle of the job.

• 5 months later...