Changing Water Pump, 1st Gen 93 Gs300 Help!

Hello, Guys, new in here, but my 93 gs300 has been parked for over a week, and I miss it. firts it started to heat up, add water until someone advice me to change the rediator because of a leak, did that and after one day driving saw antifreeze on the floor, and notice the antifreeze was leaking from under the water pump (isit possible to leak from there), so I decide not to drive it untill I replace, but ask around and they wnat over 300 for replacing, i could try to do it myself but, need hwlp guys in these areas:

where to find a cheap replacemant parts, what parts should I change.

stepts to follow to do this, maybe someone could email me pdf or scam of how to change from the service manual. 1993 gs300.

i'll apreciate and "lito" my car's name will appreciate also. email is same as nick just add hotmail to it.

help me TURBOGS300

It sounds like it's the water pump, it has a weep hole underneath the pump that's designed to leak once it's worn or damaged from debris or other garbage in the cooling system. This is a pretty intense repair, however it is doable if you have some skills and some important things need to be replaced while you're in there as well. $300 will probably only get you a waterpump and labor. It's a little over $1000 for parts and labor from a good shop to do everything that should be done if it hasn't been done before. You can check toyotaandlexus parts.com and irontoad.com for best prices. EBay has some stuff as well, check partsdinosaur on EBay for timing belt and tensioner. If you need more info(pics, repair info) for $10 a day and alot of paper, you can download almost the entire service manual here

1) Disconnect battery

2)Drain engine coolant from (petcock on radiator lower edge))

3)Remove engine undercover (large black plastic cover under front of car)

4)Remove air cleaner Duct on top of radiator

5)Remove Air filter box, VAF meter and intake air connector pipe(connects air box to metal throttlebody)

6)Remove drive belt ( large breaker bar with swivel socket on end, I forget size) Place breaker bar and socket on drive belt tensioner and flex it down to loosen belt, then remove belt while holding tension on tensioner. Replace belt if it is cracked or missing any ribs on the underside!

7) Loosen 4 nuts holding fan to fan pulley/water pump.

8)Remove Radiator and lift out( flush while out) Plug auto trans cooler hoses with bolt. Replace rubber parts of hoses if worn or cracked. Inspect radiator hoses as well, replace any that are bad.

9)Remove 2 nuts holding water inlet to water pump (pretreat with PB blaster or penetrating fluid)

10)Remove thermostat ( inspect, replace or reuse)

11)Remove gasket from thermostat (replace)

12)Remove Distributor (remove main bolt, pull out) Replace distributor Oring, coat with light film of oil)

13)Remove exhaust manifold heat insulator( soak nuts with PB blaster)

14)Remove water bypass outlet and no.1 water bypass pipe in front of exhaust manifold.

15)Remove timing belt (replace timing belt and timing belt tensioner) Remove idler pully for timing belt using a hex socket.

16)loosen alternator mounting bolt, remove bolt and disconnect alternator from water pump

17)Remove 2 nuts and disconnect no.2 water bypass pipe from the water pump.

18)Remove 6 bolts from water pump, remove water pump and clean off any remaining gasket material from block(replace gasket with new one)

19)Remove oring from cylinder block(install new oring)

B)

20)use medium locktite on all bolts when reassembling.

It sounds like it's the water pump, it has a weep hole underneath the pump that's designed to leak once it's worn or damaged from debris or other garbage in the cooling system. This is a pretty intense repair, however it is doable if you have some skills and some important things need to be replaced while you're in there as well. $300 will probably only get you a waterpump and labor. It's a little over $1000 for parts and labor from a good shop to do everything that should be done if it hasn't been done before. You can check toyotaandlexus parts.com and irontoad.com for best prices. EBay has some stuff as well, check partsdinosaur on EBay for timing belt  and tensioner. If you need more info(pics, repair info) for $10 a day and alot of paper, you can download almost the entire service manual here

1) Disconnect battery

2)Drain engine coolant from (petcock on radiator lower edge))

3)Remove engine undercover (large black plastic cover under front of car)

4)Remove air cleaner Duct on top of radiator

5)Remove Air filter box, VAF meter and intake air connector pipe(connects air box to metal throttlebody)

6)Remove drive belt ( large breaker bar with swivel socket on end, I forget size) Place breaker bar and socket on drive belt tensioner and flex it down to loosen belt, then remove belt while holding tension on tensioner. Replace belt if it is cracked or missing any ribs on the underside!

7) Loosen 4 nuts holding fan to fan pulley/water pump.

8)Remove Radiator and lift out( flush while out) Plug auto trans cooler hoses with bolt. Replace rubber parts of hoses if worn or cracked. Inspect radiator hoses as well, replace any that are bad.

9)Remove 2 nuts holding water inlet to water pump (pretreat with PB blaster or penetrating fluid)

10)Remove thermostat ( inspect, replace or reuse)

11)Remove gasket from thermostat (replace)

12)Remove Distributor (remove main bolt, pull out) Replace distributor Oring, coat with light film of oil)

13)Remove exhaust manifold heat insulator( soak nuts with PB blaster)

14)Remove water bypass outlet and no.1 water bypass pipe in front of exhaust manifold.

15)Remove timing belt (replace timing belt and timing belt tensioner) Remove idler pully for timing belt using a hex socket.

16)loosen alternator mounting bolt, remove bolt and disconnect alternator from water pump

17)Remove 2 nuts and disconnect no.2 water bypass pipe from the water pump.

18)Remove 6 bolts from water pump, remove water pump and clean off any remaining gasket material from block(replace gasket with new one)

19)Remove oring from cylinder block(install new oring)

B)

20)use medium locktite on all bolts when reassembling.

thanks TURBOGS300, by any chance do you have any pdf files on this or picts to help, I got it untill 8, :huh: from 9 on I'm lost, :cries: any sugestions? want to do it right, and here seems the place to ask for help. ;)

thanks TURBOGS300, by any chance do you have any pdf files on this or picts to help, I got it untill 8,  :huh: from 9 on I'm lost,  :cries: any sugestions? want to do it right, and here seems the place to ask for help. ;)

Unfortunately I don't, However you can download all the pics and instructions for $10 at the site I posted about. B)