1990 Ls 400 Seats Comfortable?

VBdenny

Since I've never seen this topic breached, I'll throw this out and see what happens. Although they are in excellent condition, I find the the seats in my 1990 LS 400 don't offer much support. Nobody has ever mistaken these seats for racing seats because you seem to float around on them. I mean they are comfortable but when I throw the big Lex into a corner, the car holds, but I don't. Luckily, I always wear my seatbelt. I also find it rather difficult to get the seat adjusted just right. Found this kinda strange considering that it has about every adjustment imaginable. Whaddya think? Denny

like you said this isnt a touring car seat so it wont hold you like a recaro. but if you dont like that you slide around but still want leather seats than try find someone with an SC and ride in it there is a little more side support but i dont know if it will fit but worh a try go to a junk yard and find one. or buy some $2000 recaro leather seats reinforced with carbon kevlar :lol:

I would agree that the seats offer little side support. They are comfortable to a point, but I too find that it is difficult to get the right adjustment of seat and steering wheel. Kind of like Lexus provided the adjustment range, but not the actual ergonomics that make some cars fit really well. In a Benz I can get comfortable very quickly. Actually the LS is the only Japanese car I can get anyway near close to comfortable in - and is the first Japanese car I have ever owned.

funny enough i find every lexus seat is unsupportive except the is and the gs

never mind the lateral support which it completly lacks

the length of the seat is much too short behind the knees causing fatigue in my legs

even my wife hates the seats

the only thing that she actually prefers my civic for

which funny enough has reacros stock from honda

i was thinking about getting then lengthed and adding some more lumbar support by an upholster by adding some vinyl materal in spots you can't see for extra length

almost like they made lexus interiors to fit small or short people

funny enough i find every lexus seat is unsupportive except the is and the gs

never mind the lateral support which it completly lacks

the length of the seat is much too short behind the knees causing fatigue in my legs

even my wife hates the seats

the only thing that she actually prefers my civic for

which funny enough has reacros stock from honda

i was thinking about getting then lengthed and adding some more lumbar support by an upholster by adding some vinyl materal in spots you can't see for extra length

almost like they made lexus interiors to fit small or short people

I'm 5'11", 210lbs...

Jeez, now that you mention it, the seats are a little short under your legs. After driving it yesterday I noticed that. I haven't drove my car for an extended time yet. I have a company car that I drive most of the time with free gas. Does the seat get uncomfortable after a few hours of continous driving? It seems like the 4-way adjustment should tilt the seat back farther than it does? It's true, I can't get fully comfortable in these seats. I think I could get more comfortable ergonomincally in my 300ZX seat than this Lexus seat. It has a comfortable spring like base under your !Removed! but that seems like it offers very little support if you're driving aggressive?

:whistles: I'm a pretty tall guy, ( I'm 6'4 ) and I am very very comfortable in the leather seat of my LS... I played around with the seat height/lumbar/vertical settings until my hair didnt touch the ceiling :D ...

I dont slide on the seat but every one else does, i know my girlfriend goes flying... :whistles: ...

( thats why I like turning to the right at high speed ......... ) :lol: ;)

Personally when I drive the my LS400 a long way, I always get a lower back ache, and aches in my knees, not so in any of my other cars. Sometimes it gets so bad I have to stop driving. ;)

I've heard this come up before, usually people do attribute it for being built for the Japanese market and their preferences in a seat, I'd agree. Each iteration of the LS has gotten better seats. My dad has a 98, and I've driven it long distances and have been 100% comfortable. He has back problems and calls it the only car he can comfortably drive.

I notice that the seats on the ES are short on lateral support too, I do however find them very comfortable as long as I'm not going around a hairpin ;0

same here my 1991 ls400 seats arent very comfy. also my lumbar support stopped working anyone know how to fix that? i also find myself sliding alot if i use some kinda leather cleaner/protectant. i'm 6ft and my legs end up pretty close to the steering wheel at a comfortable position.

same here my 1991 ls400 seats arent very comfy. also my lumbar support stopped working anyone know how to fix that? i also find myself sliding alot if i use some kinda leather cleaner/protectant. i'm 6ft and my legs end up pretty close to the steering wheel at a comfortable position.

Do you hear the motor when you push the button? Put your ear to the seat when pushing the button. Doesn't it seem like it's an inflatable bladder? Maybe it popped and it needs to be replaced? Maybe it can be patched?

ok heres the fix for all you people sliding off when cornering.

step1. fill cup with water. leave about 3/4 inch from the top unfilled.

step2. place in cup holder.

step3.drive without spilling.

<_< :( :magic: well have you ever seen that animation cartoon from japan called INITIAL D? well the main character can drift without spilling watter in the cup watch it and learn :lol:

I don't think the seats in my 1992 are comfortable at all. They are hard, flat, and unsupportive. They were the reason I almost didn't buy the car. I still grumble about them. My wife says to quit whining. :)

Johann