Where's The Drain Plug For Transmission?

dchan865

Anyone know the exact location of the drain plug? Any tricks involve in lossening it and change the fluid? I just want to get a feel if this is something that I can do DIY myself.

Thanks!

If you want your trans to really last a long time I would take it in every 20K for normal trans service.... and every second service (40K miles) or third service (60K miles) have the fluid completely flushed and evacuated including the torque converter.

The evacuation cost is about $120 but your trans will live longer than you or your vehicle.

The worst thing for the trans is overlap, heat and crap that sits in the torque converter and bottom of the pan... just draining and changing the fluid in the pan won't do much. There may be a filter to change. Some pans don't have drain plugs for this very reason... you may need to remove the pan.

Also there may be a cable adjustment or calibration required on the throttle body that works in conjunction with the TCU... I would check the service manual before proceeding.