1998 Sc400 Just Bought It

Unfortunately, there is not much aftermarket support for this engine. I am unclear as to how much hp you could free up with an exhaust system, but Im guessing you could get at least 10 hp by removing the cats and increasing the piping diameter. No confirmation on this though...

The intakes available would most likely rob power unless you could do something custom to get cooler air into the open filter element under the hood.

I still cant find a set of headers for the 400

Anything you want to do internally to the engine would have to be custom, as no companies make things like cams or pistons unless its custom.

If im wrong about the aftermarket parts availibility someone please correct me.

Nitrous seems like a great method of adding power to the 400 if done correctly and safely, especially considering the hp/dollar ratio.

a company called C`s in japan makes cams and a stroker kit making the bore and stroke a square 92mm. the cams are about $3000 and the stroker kit is close to $9000 so i would just super charge or turbo the thing if i were to stroke it cus they only claim 330hp and 45kg of tourque whatever that is in footpounds :lol: