Great Mechanic In Los Angeles?

Ok to be honest, I don't even own a Lexus but I'm in the market for a '95 and above SC400. My parents have had an LS400 ('91) which runs silky smooth at 240K miles. Needless to say I have been impressed with the reliability. My auto background: Acura Integra ('89), Mercedes SL 560('87), Saab Turbo('86), and my current and much loved Audi 2.8 Quattro ('97, 5 Speed).

I LOVE the handling of the Audi although it's under-powered and I'm not exactly sure about it's reliability for the long haul.

TWO Questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a gifted Lexus mechanic in the Los Angeles area as I avoid dealers?

2. Am I totally out of mind expecting much performance and reliability from the SC400?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

To be honest with you, the greatest mechanic in the SoCal area would be YOU!. Not some other mechanic. I would recommend gettting a repair manual for the car, and take a look at what you want to do. Most of the repairs can be done in your driveway. It's a matter of patience. We can also guide you through any major problems you might have.