Subwoofer Replacement Look No Further!

revlis240

Alright gents, heres what i did.

I took the knowledge found on this board and tweaked it a little and came up with the following:

JL has introduced a new line called the W1. This sub works a little better than the fosgates discussed here, and I have always been a HUGE JL fan, starting from when i had both the Fosgates and my first W3's in my car within the same week, and the JLs blew the Fosgate's away. Granted the Fosgates were the HE2's...i dont know how good that is. Anyway, I currently have 2 JL 12W6v2's powered by a 500x1 JL amp in my 330ci. It sounds absolutely amazing, and clean and powerful and I love it.

For the SC400 i was looking for something a little less extreme, but still clean and powerful.

I used a JL 10W1 4ohm sub, and created a custom mount for the rear deck, as the pics will show. It did not fit worth a crap without the custom mount i had to make.

Anyway, I also found out that all 4 of my stock speakers were blown, and I replaced them with some Alpine 4"s up front and 6.5"s in the back. These went in rather easily, pretty straight forward there.

Here are some pics:

sc41.jpg

All the stuff

sc42.jpg

These are the 3 spacers i had to make. 2 are the same, and the last one on the bottom is a rectangle 8.5" x 9" and is the size of the hole for the stock sub. this piece "sits" on that piece of the deck and the rest of the spacers stack on top of it.

sc43.jpg

work in progress!

sc16.jpg

adapter view 1

sc17.jpg

adapter view 2

sc18.jpg

the 4 holes on the outside of the lip line up with the 4 holes for the stock sub anchors.

sc19.jpg

amp mounted

sc20.jpg

amp again.

I took a +12v acc feed from the stock amp, and basically used a high level to RCA adapter and took the signal straight from the connection to the stock sub. i hope that makes sense.

The sub clears the tank with no problem.

This system, is friekin AMAZING. I honestly did not expect such performance from the little 10, but you really will be amazed. it isnt too far off from my "nice" system in the 330ci with the full JL 2 12 W6v2's.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone!

-Abe

Ok a bit of a newbie here so I appologize for a basic question. I have a 95 SC300 and with the basic Pioneer radio. Now there is an amp on the passenger side of the trunk. I assumed that was the standard speaker amp, so where is the sub amp located?

Also do you have a wiring diagram for both amps (assuming they are not combined)?

Thanks.

Joel :unsure:

Ok a bit of a newbie here so I appologize for a basic question.  I have a 95 SC300 and with the basic Pioneer radio.  Now there is an amp on the passenger side of the trunk.  I assumed that was the standard speaker amp, so where is the sub amp located?

Also do you have a wiring diagram for both amps (assuming they are not combined)?

Thanks.

Joel :unsure:

the sub gets its power from the same 40x4 nakamichi amp in the trunk. the sub's plug is by itself, facing the front of the car. The sub output is...well check out www.technicalhelp4u.com

its all you need.

-Abe

----

EDIT:

im sorry its 1am and i cant read. you have pioneer. your sub amp is located in the rear deck, between the pass speaker and the sub itself. check out the site i said above for more info..

heh

Revlis great work i made a similar custom mount but i fit a pioneer 10 inch free air in that space. It sounded good but after sealing it up and then dynamating the back it got better.

My i also recomend the one peice that totaly changed the way my sub worked. AN EPI-CENTER. that tghing is like an equalizer for your sub can adjust the width of the bass.

I highly highly recomend it makes the bass so much more deep and as loud.

good work though