Mark Levinson Surround Sound

Has anyone had any problems with the Mark Levinson system in this car, or another Lexus?

I ponied up some big bucks for the upgraded sound system (as well as Navigation) and the surround sound--even with a CD-- sounds like I have 3 speakers all right in the front... That is.. NO SURROUND EFFECT!

I took it to dealer (full disclosure, only had it two weeks) and they even admitted that sitting in back seat sounded great (I made them do it) and that front didnt sound so good. Thus far, they are only telling me to play with the fade (front to back).

When my wife first hear it, knowing nothing about my concerns, she said "what the heck to you have on, AM stations?"

I am dismayed! Any ideas.

Thanks for any feedback.

Thats bizarre.

Have you fully explored the settings for the stereo? You can dynamically adjust the sound. my bet is somethings not adjusted properly.

I've played with so many items with the stereo the service tech at Lexus asked if I worked at Tweeter (local hi-end audio store).

But thanks for the reply anyway.

Have you tried a DVD-audio disk which is guaranteed to use all the speakers in the car. My system sounds great even with Sirius but is REALLY great with DVD-A. I set the sound field to be slightly geared toward the rear, mid and treble about one step above baseline and bass about three steps above baseline.

Have you tried a DVD-audio disk which is guaranteed to use all the speakers in the car.  My system sounds great even with Sirius but is REALLY great with DVD-A.  I set the sound field to be slightly geared toward the rear, mid and treble about one step above baseline and bass about three steps above baseline.

Thanks, someone else at work suggested I try something similar. Now that I have half my department jumping from my front seat to my back seat in the garage at work, I almost feel like I'm ruining all the fun for them if I find a solution!

(Only kidding... really bothering me and based on 5 other people's independent assessment, it's not just me!)