Conect An External Dvd On A Touch Screen

I own a 2002 rx300 with the touch screen but no nav system installed. I want to connect an external dvd or tv tuner to the screen and stereo. Any ideas?

The screen in your vehicle is just an information display.... it will not work for video input.

But it is the same as the RX's equipped with the nav system, and in those I believe that it is possible to connect an external dvd.

I own a 2002 rx300 with the touch screen but no nav system installed. I want to connect an external dvd or tv tuner to the screen and stereo. Any ideas?

The screen in your vehicle is just an information display.... it will not work for video input.

But it is the same as the RX's equipped with the nav system, and in those I believe that it is possible to connect an external dvd.

SORRY THE SCREEN I S NOT THE SAME AS ON NAV SYSTEMS. YOUR SCREEN HAS 1 CONNECTOR THE NAV SCREEN HAS 4. 1 OF THE 4 CONNECTORS IS AN NTSC DIRECT VIDEO INPUT. THERE IS NO CONNCTOR ON YOUR SCREEN TO INPOUT A VIDEO SIGNAL. IT IS ONLY AN INFORMATION MULTI DISPLAY. ALSO YOUR SCREEN ISNT EVEN THE SAME SIZE AND THE NAV SCREEN UNIT WONT EVEN FIT IN YOUR DASH FACEPLATE. YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO MAKES THAT MISTAKE. THE SALVAGE YARDS ALL ADVERTISE THE INFO SCREEN AS A NAV SCREEN. ONLY 3% OF THE ENTIRE RUN OF RX300 HAS AN ACTUAL NAVIGATION SCREEN.

post-1629-1127607939_thumb.jpg

post-1629-1127608017.jpg

post-20589-1127908791_thumb.jpg

SORRY THE SCREEN I S NOT THE SAME AS ON NAV SYSTEMS. YOUR SCREEN HAS 1 CONNECTOR THE NAV SCREEN HAS 4. 1 OF THE 4 CONNECTORS IS AN NTSC DIRECT VIDEO INPUT. THERE IS NO CONNCTOR ON YOUR SCREEN TO INPOUT A VIDEO SIGNAL. IT IS ONLY AN INFORMATION MULTI DISPLAY. ALSO YOUR SCREEN ISNT EVEN THE SAME SIZE AND THE NAV SCREEN UNIT WONT EVEN FIT IN YOUR DASH FACEPLATE. YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO MAKES THAT MISTAKE. THE SALVAGE YARDS ALL ADVERTISE THE INFO SCREEN AS A NAV SCREEN. ONLY 3% OF THE ENTIRE RUN OF RX300 HAS AN ACTUAL NAVIGATION SCREEN.

Thanks for your reply. Probably you are right, but I ampost-20589-1127908791_thumb.jpgpost-20589-1127908821_thumb.jpg attaching pictures of my screen just to show you that I do not see any difference between yours and mine.

Have in mind that I have the European RX300 AWD.

How can I take out the screen to check if there is any connections for the NTSC input?

post-1629-1128131646_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your reply. Probably you are right, but I ampost-20589-1127908791_thumb.jpgpost-20589-1127908821_thumb.jpg attaching pictures of my screen just to show you that I do not see any difference between yours and mine.

How can I take out the screen to check if there is any connections for the NTSC input?

yes that is the touch screen and there are navigation buttons under the screen. it would be easy to add factory navigation or a factory dvd movie player since your all set up with a real nav screen not a multi display info screen like most rx300. yo0u dont have to remove your screen to prove it you couldnt be saying lexus on the screen on power up if it wasnt a nav screen. i wonder if your navigatioin computer has just been removed and all you have to do is plug in a usa computer with a dvd map. i have an rx300 navigation computer with the latest 269.00 dvd map update in it for 750.00 or the lexus dvd movie player for 750.00 also. the map dvd player installs back behinpost-1629-1128131646_thumb.jpgd right side panel in cargo area under the jack. the lexus dvd movie player installs in the center console or in the rear cargo area if you dont want to lose console space.

• 1 month later...

yes that is the touch screen and there are navigation buttons under the screen. it would be easy to add factory navigation or a factory dvd movie player since your all set up with a real nav screen not a multi display info screen like most rx300. yo0u dont have to remove your screen to prove it you couldnt be saying lexus on the screen on power up if it wasnt a nav screen. i wonder if your navigatioin computer has just been removed and all you have to do is plug in a usa computer with a dvd map. i have an rx300 navigation computer with the latest 269.00 dvd map update in it for 750.00 or the lexus dvd movie player for 750.00 also. the map dvd player installs back behinpost-1629-1128131646_thumb.jpgd right side panel in cargo area under the jack. the lexus dvd movie player installs in the center console or in the rear cargo area if you dont want to lose console space.

These are the conectors that I have on the trunk.

Let me ask you about the nav computer. If I change the DVD for an european one, it will be work? Are compatible? Is possible to install both, computer and dvd player, or also one system at a time? If you want you can reply me to fernandoloriente@laregenta.com

These are the conectors that I have on the trunk.

Let me ask you about the nav computer. If I change the DVD for an european one, it will be work? Are compatible? Is possible to install both, computer and dvd player, or also one system at a time? If you want you can reply me to fernandoloriente@laregenta.com

• 3 months later...

SO I can hook up a dvd player to my nav. A lexus dealer can do this? What about reverse camera?

I am still working in the project. I hope to have something shortly and I will post it.

By the moment, I have a Video to RGB conversor, and waiting for the Ipod integration from VAIS to do everything at the same time. The idea, use the video Ipod for music and on screen videos.

Rear view camera is on the side by the moment, but I believe that once the video input is done, should be easy to ad the rear view camera.

The only step in which I am a little bit lost is in the wiring meaning of each of the RGB wires on the back of the screen.

• 10 months later...