Tire Rotation

"my two bits".

First look at the sidewall of the tires. If they are directional (i.e. having markings designating left and right) then you must rotate them front to back.

If they are non-dirctional, then you can criss-cross the rotation.

My Toyo Proxes TPT's are directional and marked "left"/"right", therefore should only be rotated front to back.

i think that as long as the tires aren't specifically directional, its recommended that you criss-cross them. i believe the reason for that is because the outside of the tires usually wear down more than the insides, so by criss-crossing them, you can sort of even the tires out, or something along those lines. i think the specifically directional tires are made so that they don't wear out on the outside like normal tires. have fun rotating! :)

my '02 manual shows front to back only.

On all my radial tires, I have only swapped front to back. Never had any problems as long as the tire pressure was checked regularly, and the car was always aligned.

I can only go F to B with the Toyos cause they are directional.

ps, I never rotate the spare. It stays in the trunk in the dark but is checked occasionally to make sure it always has air.

sj