Pc 7424 Polisher Group Buy

I am very excited to anounce a group buy for the PC 7424 with pad kits availible for 10, 15 or 20 members who agree to order.

The discount will be

Part Number Description SRP 10% OFF - 10 buyers 15% OFF - 15 buyers 20% OFF - 20 buyers

PC-7424 6"

Variable-Speed Random-Orbit Polisher (MSRP)149.95 (10%)134.955 (15%)127.4575 (20%)119.96

SON-SFXPOL-KIT

Sonus SFX Polishing Kit (MSRP)189.95 (10%)170.955 (15%)161.4575 (20%)151.96

SON-DASPOL-KIT Sonus DAS Polishing Kit (MSRP)199.95 (10%)179.955 (15%)169.9575 (20%)159.96

To take advantage of this offer you MUST reply to this post.

Do NOT order it your self.

Once we get the most members who will commit to this offer I will have the post closed. So hurry up and agree to get in on this great offer!

Jon

post-10338-1126266586_thumb.jpg

We have 5 people in the UK lexus forum wanting the PC with DAS pad kit.

They have to pay aprox. $54.00 shipping plus a transformer to use the PC over the pond.

I am sure some of you have been wanting to et the PC, This is the best way to achieve "The perfect shine"

Jon - With all due respect, while you have contributed valuable information to the detailing forum for which I am grateful, I have found the PC 7424 online for the the same discount price you are offering. Amazon.com has it, including FREE shipping, for $120.99, and perhaps there are even cheaper vendors out there as well.

It would be a shame if 15 people worked hard together to pool their resources to pay more for the same item that they could buy individually without wait for less.

Of course they wouldn't have your technical support behind the product...

Jon - With all due respect, while you have contributed valuable information to the detailing forum for which I am grateful, I have found the PC 7424 online for the the same discount price you are offering.  Amazon.com has it, including FREE shipping, for $120.99, and perhaps there are even cheaper vendors out there as well.

It would be a shame if 15 people worked hard together to pool their resources to pay more for the same item that they could buy individually without wait for less.

Of course they wouldn't have your technical support behind the product...

yeah ive seen this only for that price also with free shipping

RPMs are too high? What do you mean?

The Makita is a rotary polisher and isn't comparable to a PC.

The PC doesn't rotate, it oscillates removing the threat of buffer burn you have with a rotary polisher. The Rotary is more effective in professional hands, but too dangerous for a novice.

The PC doesn't rotate, it oscillates removing the threat of buffer burn you have with a rotary polisher. The Rotary is more effective in professional hands, but too dangerous for a novice.

I like to puff at around 1800 to 1900 rpms. Anything higher is too high. Yes, it is dangerous in the wrong hands if you leave the machine there, um, like a $%^&.:wacko: Never had a problem in 12 years with a rotary one. I tried the Pc type long time ago and never liked the finish...But again, that is me.

You might not get "buffer burn" but can do damage with either one. In my eyes, if you are worried about buffing with either one, you should not be doing it.

that is my slanted pitch. Either way, I think the PC is too high priced for what you get.I persoanlly think if you buy a PC one, you will be upgrading a few years down the road. Just trying to help....

What I do HATE about mine is cleaning the darn pad...Can't stand it.

The PC has only 1-6 on the speed dial.

Oscillations per minute.... No idea. I have found wonderful results by JUST using the PC with the correct pads and polishes.

I also have a PC 7426 (True rotary), but use the PC 90 % of the time.

Cleaning the pads are easy, just put some dawn dish liquid in the sink and let the pads soak for 20 minutes, rinse clean, dry and store in a plastic bag.

As for the price being to high, the more people the bigger the discount. I am pretty sure we could get a 25% discount with 25 members.

The PC at other places range from $99.00 (IF ON SALE) to $$225(meguiars).

The pads that come with the PC DAS or SFX are top rate pads with Velcro backing that doesn't come off like other pads(I'm not saying it wont but it doesn't happen very often).

The backing plate is much nicer then the one PC gives you.

I still feel its a great deal if someone is looking for one.

I like to puff at around 1800 to 1900 rpms. Anything higher is too high. Yes, it is dangerous in the wrong hands if you leave the machine there, um, like a $%^&.:wacko: Never had a problem in 12 years with a rotary one. I tried the Pc type long time ago and never liked the finish...But again, that is me.

You might not get "buffer burn" but can do damage with either one. In my eyes, if you are worried about buffing with either one, you should not be doing it.

that is my slanted pitch. Either way, I think the PC is too high priced for what you get.I persoanlly think if you buy a PC one, you will be upgrading a few years down the road. Just trying to help....

You should go to Autopia.org and read the experiences of people that have used both. Since you've not used a PC (a PC is a Porter Cable Orbital Polisher, there are no other orbital polishers on the market that are as high powered or as high quality except say a Cyclo, which is much pricier) you really can't comment on its effectiveness. It is not as effective as a rotary, but much easier to use and much safer for someone who doesn't have experience with a rotary. I've detailed for profit and I've never had a need to buy a rotary, the PC's always done the job.

You really cannot hurt the paint with a PC short of actually beating the car with the machine. You definately can hurt the paint with a rotary.

When I was detailing for profit I routinely took in cars that were minorly damaged with a rotary (light burn, holograms etc) and repaired the finish with the PC. I've also seen cars so damaged by one touch with a rotary the paint was gone clear to the metal...

Here are a few pictures showing what the proper tools and products can achieve.

The Porter Cable 7424 SFX and DAS pads.

All three Sonus SFX polishes.

This Black Durango was scratched on purpose to see how the SFX polishes work.(Yes its my Wifes Black Dodge Durango and NO she doesn't know I scratched it with a plastic pool brush she would KILL me :D )

I used the SFX Yellow pad with the SFX-1 Restore polish, the Green DAS pad with SFX-2 Enhance Polish and the Blue DAS pad with the SFX-3 final finish polish.

Enjoy!

2001_0223_025505AA.jpg

2001_0223_025607AA.jpg

2001_0223_032050AA.jpg

These two pictures are from her Black Grand Prix she owned before the Black Durango...She Loves black vehicels.

Swirls.jpg

Finished416.jpg

I am very excited to anounce a group buy for the PC 7424 with pad kits availible for 10, 15 or 20 members who agree to order.

The discount will be

Part Number Description SRP 10% OFF - 10 buyers 15% OFF - 15 buyers 20% OFF - 20 buyers

PC-7424 6"

Variable-Speed Random-Orbit Polisher (MSRP)149.95 (10%)134.955 (15%)127.4575 (20%)119.96

SON-SFXPOL-KIT

Sonus SFX Polishing Kit (MSRP)189.95 (10%)170.955 (15%)161.4575 (20%)151.96

SON-DASPOL-KIT Sonus DAS Polishing Kit    (MSRP)199.95 (10%)179.955 (15%)169.9575 (20%)159.96

To take advantage of this offer you MUST reply to this post.

Do NOT order it your self.

Once we get the  most members who will commit to this offer I will have the post closed. So hurry up and agree to get in on this great offer!

Jon

LOL, of course this would come out a couple weeks after I order the SFX package. Either way, I love my PC dearly. B) It has done a complete 180 on my paint. I thought a repaint was my only way out, but the PC has saved it! :D

That's completely unreasonable. I suppose you woke up one day and realized that you knew how to opperate a rotary buffer? As a novice detailer who needed the help of a machine to restore my paint, I wanted to start with a machine that is nearly foolproof, and a rotoary just isn't that.

Browse autopia.org, there are several very experienced detailers that use PCs and only PCs. Sonus's pad cleaning solution is a godsend. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...