Rear Speaker

pinkpearl

i have noticed my back right rear speaker is not working. first, can anyone tell me how to get to the speaker? (i'm guessing via the trunk but not sure) And secondly, what do i look for to determine the problem? Could it just be loose wires? Or if it is busted (which i can't see how b/c i rarely listen to the music that loud) This is the factory system. THANKS! :rolleyes:

okay first for removal.

you have to remove the rear seats.

1. remove the lower part of the rear seat pull it upwards it is not screwd down it is cliped down then pull it toward you it should slide right out.

2. now get a rachet set and unscrew 3 screws one left middle and right side.

3. pull the seatbelts over the seat and pull it outta the car.

4. now the top cover is clipped down with clips in the front and back be carefull pulling it out.

5. now ur speakers r exposed. unscrew the bad one and check the clips. it most lickely is not a lose wire and it is blown u can replace them with 4 inch speakers,

6. the opening is big enough for a 6 1/2 inch speaker so u can upgrade sizes for better quality.

also there are 2 peices of metal on the rear deck that come out the have giant X's stamped on them u can pop those out to stick ur hand threw incase u have a problem unscrewing or mounting the new ones. you really dont need to go into the trunk.

Thats it. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
i have noticed my back right rear speaker is not working.  first, can anyone tell me how to get to the speaker? (i'm guessing via the trunk but not sure)  And secondly, what do i look for to determine the problem?  Could it just be loose wires?  Or if it is busted (which i can't see how b/c i rarely listen to the music that loud)  This is the factory system.  THANKS! :rolleyes:

thanks so much Theodore for the detail info. Makes me a little nervous taking out the seat but if that is what needs to be done, it needs to be done. Again, that's for the detail description. have a great day :D