Retrofit 2000 Lx 470 With Levinson Or Nav

CraigCole

Hello -

I have a 2000 Lexus LX 470 that I really am enjoying. But I am disappointed in the sound quality from the factory Nakamichi sound system.

Is there any way to buy a later year model factory system such as, say, a 2005 year model Mark Levinson system (complete with speakers) and/or perhaps the navigation system and have it installed in my 2000?

Is the climate control an issue? That is, would the newer head unit be able to control my older system?

Any tips would be appreciated. I have searched hard and found no information on the subject.

Thanks!

Craig Cole

ccole@gbtrealty.com

Hello -

I have a 2000 Lexus LX 470 that I really am enjoying. But I am disappointed in the sound quality from the factory Nakamichi sound system.

Is there any way to buy a later year model factory system such as, say, a 2005 year model Mark Levinson system (complete with speakers) and/or perhaps the navigation system and have it installed in my 2000?

Is the climate control an issue? That is, would the newer head unit be able to control my older system?

Any tips would be appreciated. I have searched hard and found no information on the subject.

Thanks!

Craig Cole

ccole@gbtrealty.com

CraigCole, You have a couple of options, You could put a 02 ES nav system in which would be the easiest install. You could go with a 01 LX470 nav and get the 6 disc dvd/cd changer with the rear entertainment screen. Either way you would be getting rid of the indash cd. The ES system wouldn't change the ac controls and the LX system would incorporate the ac controls into the screen. I have both if interested PM or EM me.

Sounds very interesting! I am very interested, and I thought I had sent you an email. But for some reason the board won't let me send you a PM nor an email.

Please let me know what you have available.

It seems that if I were to get the dash kit for the 2000 LX that DID have navigation, then I should be able to use any Double-DIN sized navigation/audio system?

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ccole@gbtrealty.com

CraigCole, You have a couple of options, You could put a 02 ES nav system in which would be the easiest install. You could go with a 01 LX470 nav and get the 6 disc dvd/cd changer with the rear entertainment screen. Either way you would be getting rid of the indash cd. The ES system wouldn't change the ac controls and the LX system would incorporate the ac controls into the screen. I have both if interested PM or EM me.

Can't PM you. Am interested in nav system. email me at bigleechild@comcast.net

ccole@gbtrealty.com

Can't PM you. Am interested in nav system. email me at bigleechild@comcast.net

bigleechild, Check your email. Thanx

Hi all

I stumbled upon this forum trying to find information about my 99 LX-470 cd-changer. I took it apart and found that the 6 disc cd-changer has died. I want to either replace the cd changer or upgrade to a navigation system. Is it possible for me to put a 2002 nav system in my 99 LX? Could I install it myself? If not, is there a way to get ahold of a replacement cd-changer. I have been searching all over the internet and I haven't found much. Thank you for your time.

And dcfish, if you can help me specifically, my email address is tee4lu1@comcast.net

What is the price on an ES NAV system?

jarcara, Are you still looking for nav? Post your email please

Thanks for the query dcfish. I asked my wife about it (she drives it) and she wasn't interested in doing it. Thanks

No prob. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Just starting checking out this forum and am interested in hearing from those of you who have replaced their audio system with a Navi system. I own a 2000 LX-470 that I just love. The vehicle has the Nakamichi stereo system which is fien but I am very interested in having an In-Dash sysetm installed. I ave just begun researching them. I contacted Lexus to see if I could have a dealer install the system that was included in the 2002 LX-470 but they responded that it wasn't possible. So, what options do I have, I really don't want to install a portable NAVI system. I would really prefer an In-Dash system with a CD playear. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Elaineh

• 4 months later...