Third Brake Light

mikecib

It comes out from above.... you can DIY!!!

I tried to get it off from underneath at first -- but that's a no go!

Seemed like there where a couple screws and then you pull straight out - it seats pretty tight up on the back glass so be patient..

The whole casing slides away - then you can access the bulb(s). I think just one side went out on mine......

ok thanks. i looked at it quickly over the weekend and didn't see any screws but i'll look again. your right it

s only one side that's out.

It comes out from above.... you can DIY!!!

I tried to get it off from underneath at first -- but that's a no go!

Seemed like there where a couple screws and then you pull straight out - it seats pretty tight up on the back glass so be patient.. 

The whole casing slides away - then you can access the bulb(s).  I think just one side went out on mine......

Ya'll rock!

My center brake light burned out Friday evening. I searched this site and googled the net for procedures, no luck. Removed panels from the trunk to gain access from below, no luck. I resigned myself to a Sewell Lexus visit, I love to visit but the drive is 35 miles one-way....Then today, ya'll post the procedures. It works for the 430 as well.

Took 2 minutes, wife thinks I am a wizard!

Thanks for making me look good, and saving me the trip!

:cheers:

Ya'll rock!

My center brake light burned out Friday evening.  I searched this site and googled the net for procedures, no luck.  Removed panels from the trunk to gain access from below, no luck.  I resigned myself to a Sewell Lexus visit, I love to visit but the drive is 35 miles one-way....Then today, ya'll post the procedures.  It works for the 430 as well.

Took 2 minutes, wife thinks I am a wizard!

Thanks for making me look good, and saving me the trip!