Missing Lug Nut Key

SWIFTY

just bought a 99 rx300 w/ 57000 miles and was going to have my mechanic check the brakes and pads, but he can't get them off without the missing lug nut key. Bought the car from a small dealership and they said they don't have it. Don't know if these are the original lug nuts. Do Lexus dealerships have spare lug nut keys? any help is appreciated!

Go to Lexus dealership, they should have a master key to get your wheels off.  McGard supplies the original wheel lock and you can buy a replacement key or order a new set

Yeah, Go to the dealer , I had to get mine replaced [ the old one stripped ] The stealer charged $18.00 for the new key <_<

You can get a key from McGard for $10.

Well, I went to the dealer out of necesity. I was going on a 1000 mi. round trip so I was having my tires balanced and the key stripped. I was leaving the next morning and had no other choice. I wouldn't want to travel without the key.

Well, I went to the dealer out of necesity. I was going on a 1000 mi. round trip so I was having my tires balanced and the key stripped. I was leaving the next morning and had no other choice. I wouldn't want to travel without the key.

Of course not. I mentioned it for the guy who asked the original question. He can find out which key it is from the dealer and order from McGard if he so chooses. :cheers:

Of course not. I mentioned it for the guy who asked the original question. He can find out which key it is from the dealer and order from McGard if he so chooses. :cheers:

I was just making mention of my situation, No prob. :cheers:

• 14 years later...

Hi. I just bought a 2003 Lexus RX300 and took it to my mechanic for a full diagnostic. He told me the tool to remove security lug nuts is missing from car but even worse, some of the lug nuts were broken off and/or and couldnt be removed. Can a dealer remove tires with broken lug nuts? My mechanic couldnt.