Is 300 Wheels On Sc 300

94lex83457

No offense, but the IS rims don't look very natural on the SC.  just my opinion.

i agree, because the SC has more of a round shape the stock (400) rims look better becasue of its rounder profile. the IS rims ar a bit too edgy.

just my $.02 too, dont take it personaly every one has different tastes ;)

From the thread on wheel size and weigths in the wheel section

Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS300) Z-Edition Cast 17x7 22.0

I agree it is not an attack it is just there are different opinons as th rims are from adifferent design era and do not flow with the car as some others do. but the rims themselves are very nice looking.

To me it is like the current SC430 wheels and caps they look like crap on the sc but look very nice on a 97-01 ES300.

My attempt to be PC... I believe the most appropriate upgrade for "stock" look rims on an SC400/300 would be the 2006 GS430 5 spoke rim/tire combo now available on Ebay. In my opinion, they look very "natural" (existing in or produced by nature; not artificial or imitation; functioning or occurring in a normal way; lacking abnormalities or deficiencies). Furthermore, the upgraded rims could also allow an upgrade to the required minimum 17" rim clearance for Supra TT Big Brake Kit while maintaining the standard look. Just my view. Carry on.

• 1 month later...