New Clear Rear Lights

akewlguy

Thanks.. Yeah I know I need to get the buffer out.. I did that one week with the polish then the next week with the wax. I need some time off from traveling so I can make the whole car look great!

I think I forgot to do that rear front piece and focused on rest of car.

"akewlguy" have you thought about getting the "LS400" emblem to put on the trunk of your car because the car looks like one of the older ES from the back if uve seen one you will kno what im talking about and i really like the lights though might get some myself for the 96

"akewlguy" have you thought about getting the "LS400" emblem to put on the trunk of your car because the car looks like one of the older ES from the back if uve seen one you will kno what im talking about and i really like the lights though might get some myself for the 96

I personally think it looks best with only the "L" emblem in the center. Hopefully sometime I'll get the Lexus emblem shaved off at the body shop. My 2 cents... :whistles:

Sidenote....I'm seeing pictures from my site turn up here a lot now........although this one was umm, not mine :unsure: ;)

I personally think it looks best with only the "L" emblem in the center. Hopefully sometime I'll get the Lexus emblem shaved off at the body shop. My 2 cents... :whistles:

Sidenote....I'm seeing pictures from my site turn up here a lot now........although this one was umm, not mine :unsure: ;)

Your site is interesting and helpful. :cheers:

i really like those tail lights also on a LS. my friend tried to talk me out of it because he says "they look like ES tails and make the car look cheap." :chairshot: in my opinion it adds value to the car because the ES is a small car and looks nothing like a LS(size wise) and most every LS has stock tails so the custom red/clear or clear/clear just make the car look different, even without the LS400 badge.

big ups to kewlguy and luxmods on the new mod, hope to get mine soon! B)

Actually on that car I probably would have installed the outboard lights but left the interior ones stock to avoid the interior lights lighting up the white area, I hadn't thought about that happening.

Actually on that car I probably would have installed the outboard lights but left the interior ones stock to avoid the interior lights lighting up the white area, I hadn't thought about that happening.

That's my problem too. Even if I would just change the outter part, the plastics wouldn't match the OE ones since they are very dark and the after market ones are very light in color.

any to anyone who did this install how did u guys get the inner lights off? and when gettin it off lux mods did u guys recieve new bulbs for bulbs for everything? i got them right now and only got the outer ones on A COMEPLETELY DIFFERNT LOOK soo much cleaner and nicer looking

Yeah, actually, if you leave the clear bulbs in the middle lights (lights on the trunk) it'll look like you're driving on reverse when your headlights are on. There is a way to prevent this though. You'll have to purchase the 1157 red bulbs like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1157-TITANI...000448509QQrdZ1. Or you can always unplug the inner bulbs so only the outer lenses light up.