Sc/soarer Bodykits...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not feeling the Kaminari thing. I like the sooner, wald, AC, jic, vertex, and lately the do-luck kit has been having an impression. Although the ab-flug with the wide mouth is looking sweet. I like the adjustable damper in the front bumper all big and ready to shovel into a front mount. That veilside get up is smooth too.

<_< I'm not particularly a fan of the AB Flug. Non-functional wing. I love to Do-luck, but wouldn't mind a Skyline Style wing. I do like the Veilside Front clip. :magic:

Hey which do you guys think is the best. I was thinking of getting the veilside but my town has lots of speed bumps so do you think that would be a bad idea?

Not sure as to which one is best.. You know, everyone has their own style and taste.. But hold off alittle bit because I'm searching for more kits to post.. So just be patient and hopefully I can find some good pics to post.. Or if you guys don't care that the pics may be small I'll post everything I find.. That's the reason why I haven't posted alot up.. Let me know..

You said that you don't recomend buying an Erebuni kit, well I do recomend buying one. I did and it's great, it holds up well and gives the car a F&F look while retaining class. I've gotten so many compliments on my car since I put the kit on.

Ab-Flug emailed me that thier wing spoilers are out of production. Not only that but it's so hard to find a lot of websites that sell body kits for sc. I usually find the Kaminari body kit. Personally, I find the front end nasy. It looks like some sort of alien. I guess you would like it if you want your car to be out of this world. Hehehe... :huh:

You said that you don't recomend buying an Erebuni kit, well I do recomend buying one. I did and it's great, it holds up well and gives the car a F&F look while retaining class. I've gotten so many compliments on my car since I put the kit on.

Okay, so you got compliments on your kit... So does that mean it's a good quality kit?? NO!! And that's the reason why I don't recommend Erebuni kits..

I'm not sure if carbonfiber/fiberglass hoods count as a bodykit, but there's two website I've found that have the capabilites of selling it. Importfan.com and sc400tuner.com It seems they ain't selling it b/c not enough demand? Think you can help me and email them to go and sell the hoods?

Okay, so you got compliments on your kit... So does that mean it's a good quality kit?? NO!! And that's the reason why I don't recommend Erebuni kits..

Does that mean its not a good quality kit? NO!

OneHotLexus - don't sweat it. I've heard nothing wrong about Erebruni. There is always speculation about thickness and fitment. Bottom line is that the individual consumer is the one whom must deal with the product and ensure it is what is claimed while making provisions for the resolution of any issues that may arise. I like the lip in the third picture. I considered purchasing the set-up. Having owned kitted cars in the past - I've found that after time, any low clearance item is going to get smacked. That is what deters me from installing anything like that. Especially for my application. They do look good. A lot of this internet stuff is hearsay and not first hand. If there is proof of quality issues other than "my friend bought it and it was really floppy and he couldn't hold a drill strait" - well ... you know. Kind of like how people say the f-max turbo kit is garbage but everyone who actually owns one that was installed well, likes them. Regardless, Opinions are free to be shared but lets try to keep things in perspective please.

Bubbles - I'm in on the glass hood. I'll check out that link as well. We may have to be willing to take a hit though. It is possible I can work something out to ship to the facility on a freight rate - but don't get your hopes up. I have been looking for nearly 6 months now. I have been bugging Emerald some time now to get something going. It will have to be a wait and see thing. But they are very buisy now - and like you said - demand is not sufficient for supply. Also, in the past - deals were attempted and buyers disappeared.

Here I'll make it quick because I don't want to drag this out.. First, my own experience with Erebuni... About 2 years ago I ordered a pair of eyelids for my RX from them and they were cheaply made, I mean I could have done what they did.. Then after I call them they tell me that the bodyshop will have to do some modifications to them so they fit.. I mean c'mon they're eyelids.. Then the bodyshop told me they were garbage and they tried everything they could to make them fit and they looked terrible.. So I ended up throwing them out.. So that was my experience.. Now is another, a kid I know bought a bodykit for his Toyota Celica from Erebuni.. I referred him to my bodyshop that use and when they put the kit on the front and sides didn't want to fit.. The rear went on with no problems but the front didn't line up and the sides were to a different car.. To make a long story short they had to really make some heavy modifications to make the kit fit, well the front atleast.. The sides were sent back and replaced.. Then a couple of months later he driving down a street

and some kid threw a skateboard at his car and the front pretty much shattered... So without hearing anything from anyone I know about this company and what I think.. But that's my opinion.. And even though I think Erebuni makes some cheap crap that doesn't mean that everything is gonna be crap and everyone is gonna have problems with their kits.. And plus if it looks nice and your happy with it, that's all that matters...

• 2 weeks later...