Sc400 Prob

iblexn

hey guys, im brand new to this forum thing, so pls bare w/me. im having a prob w/my beautiful sc n thought yall might be able to help. i have a 99 sc 400, which id bought from a dealer, a lil over two yrs ago. nothing really major except for a tire prob or so, until last friday. i dont know whether to start panicking or not, but i am worried n im not sure what to do at the moment. id been running round that morning, n everything seemed fine. up until about the last three turns to my house, which is roughly only a lil over 2 miles. neways, first turn, i wasnt sure what to think. made the turn n all of a sudden, it felt like i was steppin on the brakes instead of the gas. i didnt want to go for some reason. i thought maybe id knocked it out of gear by accident or something, but didnt noticed nothing. itd kicked in after a few secs, n was going again so i wasnt sure what to think. rode up the street n made another turn. which was where id noticed the prob again. went to give it gas n it started to do the same thing again. starting to really worried. then id was waiting for all these cars to pass to make my final turn, n here it goes again. only this time, right in front of an oncoming trucking. scary moment. it just didnt want to go. almost like i was out of gas, but my tank said half full, or like id described before, more like steppin on the brakes instead of gas. neways, barely made it into driveway, when the ck engine light came on for the first time. looked under hood, but didnt really know what i was suppose to be lookin for, so id pushed the car to drive that last lil bit into the garage. few hrs later, light went away n car seem fine again. worried though, b/c i dont know what happened to prevent from happening again. dont wanna be broke down. any possiblities? hope its not signs of major probs to come. appreciate any help. thanks guys.

hey guys, im brand new to this forum thing, so pls bare w/me.  im having a prob w/my beautiful sc n thought yall might be able to help.  i have a 99 sc 400, which id bought from a dealer, a lil over two yrs ago.  nothing really major except for a tire prob or so, until last friday.  i dont know whether to start panicking or not, but i am worried n im not sure what to do at the moment.  id been running round that morning, n everything seemed fine.  up until about the last three turns to my house, which is roughly only a lil over 2 miles.  neways, first turn, i wasnt sure what to think.  made the turn n all of a sudden, it felt like i was steppin on the brakes instead of the gas.  i didnt want to go for some reason.  i thought maybe id knocked it out of gear by accident or something, but didnt noticed nothing.  itd kicked in after a few secs, n was going again so i wasnt sure what to think.  rode up the street n made another turn.  which was where id noticed the prob again.  went to give it gas n it started to do the same thing again.  starting to really worried.  then id was waiting for all these cars to pass to make my final turn, n here it goes again.  only this time, right in front of an oncoming trucking.  scary moment.  it just didnt want to go.  almost like i was out of gas, but my tank said half full, or like id described before, more like steppin on the brakes instead of gas.  neways, barely made it into driveway, when the ck engine light came on for the first time.  looked under hood, but didnt really know what i was suppose to be lookin for, so id pushed the car to drive that last lil bit into the garage.  few hrs later, light went away n car seem fine again.  worried though, b/c i dont know what happened to prevent from happening again.  dont wanna be broke down.  any possiblities?  hope its not signs of major probs to come.  appreciate any help.  thanks guys.

Best thing to start with would be getting the code. If you can get the code yourself then that will save you some money. If you can't get the car to a shop read the code. Even if the Check Engine Light went off they'll be able to pull the code and that will most likely pin point the problem for you. Could just be something very minor causing the problem. Anytime my check engine light came on I was always afraid it would be something major, but it always turned out to be a minor problem that was easily repaired. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same probl;em on turns the gas would shift to the left and right and it wouldnt pull, but mine is a 92, ur 99 shouldnt have that problem, but stuff breaks, try it again with a full tank of gas first, if it only does it when ur ha;f way ur needle can be broken and the level in ur tank messed up. i would test that out first