Excessive White Exhaust Smoke

Upon acceleration I noticed billows of white smoke out the exhaust and very rough idling as if car wants to stall. Doesnt smell like antifreeze or oil. Its a strong smell of gas. I am reading that it could be blown head gasket, injector issue, faulty O2 sensor, etc.,. Didnt notice any antifreeze on oil cap and nothing looks different in coolant. Any ideas. Thanks.

• 8 months later...

ignition coil?

i have the same prob with my car... i drove it really hard to work one day ( running late ) and then that night when i turned it on... mass amounts of smoke out of the exhaust... white and smelled like crap. Popular consensus was that it was a blown head gasket... Then i got a guy a the bar ( im a bartender) from out of town, said it is really hard to blow that gasket, on a N/A totally spec 2JZ-GE... He said it is a possibility but to take it to a shop, get the radiator checked for leaks, and if its not that, to get the compression checked in all the cylinders... He said that would tell me whats wrong... havent done it yet... any help would be good tho as i am in a similar predicament

Juancho

• 5 years later...

Hi im having the same problem with my Lexus too but some people tell me it might be the fuel pressure regulator might that be true? if not what can it be because i checked all the valve pressures and they all seem fine.please help because this problem happened from one day to the next.thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi im having the same problem with my Lexus too but some people tell me it might be the fuel pressure regulator might that be true? if not what can it be because i checked all the valve pressures and they all seem fine.please help because this problem happened from one day to the next.thanks

Are you still experiencing this issue? If not, would you mind sharing what the final diagnosis was and how was it fixed with the rest of us.

• 4 weeks later...