New To Lexus

Couple of questions:

(BTW- 1994 GS300)

1. My remote keys don't work. I replaced the batteries with no luck. Could the codes have been "wiped" or something? Can I reprogram them to open the doors?

2. I would like to get a new stereo. Can I get a double DIN sized head unit and get a bezel-type of thing to make it fit? I don't want a single DIN sized unit. I can't stand that look of a small head unit on top and a "pocket" below it. To me it looks weird.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to interacting with you all soon!

Rob Evans

NJ

Hey guys! Thanks for all the help! Seriously, you've been great.

Anyway, I am an idiot. I noticed in the MANUAL that there was a switch to turn the remote feature on and off. It was conveniently "off". I turned it "on" and the keys work fine.

Which still leaves me in the dark as far as the stereo is concerned.

Anyone want to jump in and help?

Anyone?

Bueller?

:lol:

Rob in NJ

Hi Rob Congrats on your GS300 and welcome to the forum I think you came on board when all the regulars are away for the weekend. :( You are a fast learner fixed your remote already I had to buy a new key and reprogram the remote myself.

I can't help you with the radio but you could try doing a search on here, I am sure you will find some answers, I am kind of new to Lexus too so no help from me but wanted to say welcome :cheers:

Win

Thanks Win. My car needs a little work (leather mostly), but it's really in great shape.

Can't wait to talk with others in the same boat.

Rob

PS- I used to have a CRX and the community for that car was awesome. I can only imagine Lexus owners are as helpful/friendly.

Thanks Win.  My car needs a little work (leather mostly), but it's really in great shape.

Can't wait to talk with others in the same boat.

Rob

PS- I used to have a CRX and the community for that car was awesome.  I can only imagine Lexus owners are as helpful/friendly.

Rob you're welcome, I have a 96 GS300 156000 miles got it in May of this year and it too needs TLC on the leather.

Win