Display lights in the message center

One of the five LED lights in the message center has burned out. I've called anumber of Lexus Dealers and got a number of different answers. My local dealer says they cannot be replaced and I have to buy a new display (radio) board for $1,150. Ouch! Another dealer told me there were five lights and that they all should be replaced if one burns out. Unfortunately that dealer wasn't in Omaha so I had a local repair shop pull the radio etc. Just like the one dealer said there were five led lights inside the bar. However after looking at the situation he too said you can't get to the lights and the bar must be replaced. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Thanks for your help!

• 4 months later...

Mine is the display light under the clock which is burnt out.

The Lexus dealer refused to look at it and I'm posting here for help.

There is a procedure to easily remove the entire radio panel. I'll dig in there to see if I can go further and update over here...

• 7 months later...

<_< those Lexus guys said the same thing-that the lights could not be replaced and a new screen would be needed. I found that pretty amazing that you couldnt change a light! The clock light in my 93 es300 also has been burnt out-sooo it would be interesting to know the truth-one would think you could change the light out-but as Lexus told me: "welcome to the Lexus" :angry: