Lexus 2006 Is300

amf1932

I saw online pictures of this forthcoming model, and also the features & accessories. It really sounds great, so I called my salesman to see if I could get further information such as the MSRP. All he could tell me is they don't expect to get shipment until October 15th. and he had few details about any of the 'IS' models.

There's going to be some changes in the way I purchase a car though. Last time I bought my '03 ES without ever test driving the car.....BIG mistake! If I had known about the transmission problems I would have thought twice about buying it. So this time I expect to really drive this 'IS' and put it through all the tests I am capable of doing to possibly assure me of future happiness. If this car meets my criteria, then I'm most likely going to sell or trade in my '03 ES w/14,000 miles for the 'IS'.

U515P33T148D80470F2100DT20050324171350.jpg

You sure you're going to be happy in an IS Alan? The IS is a lotsportier than the ES and I assume that this new IS is going to be a lot like the BMW 3 series. I know I liked the GS, but I'd never have any interest in owning one because it doesn't ride anything as well as my ES does.

You might be better off to hold on until spring until the new ES comes out.

SW03ES,

Do have any reason to believe that the "06 ES will rectify the drive by wire problem that seems to cause such grief?

If so, and they have a solution, it's too bad they didn't have possibilities for making adaptations to earlier models.

You mean 07, the 06 will be the same as the 05.

At this point I really don't know. The new GS seems to have the issue too, but it doesn't seem as pronounced on the RWD cars. The GS also has an ECT PWR mode which I've found helps with the hesitation.

Again, for the record, mine shifts MUCH better after the reflash.

You sure you're going to be happy in an IS Alan? The IS is a lotsportier than the ES and I assume that this new IS is going to be a lot like the BMW 3 series. I know I liked the GS, but I'd never have any interest in owning one because it doesn't ride anything as well as my ES does.

You might be better off to hold on until spring until the new ES comes out.

This spring the '06 ES will be basically the same as the '05, so I don't think that anything will be "really" improved with this new model.

I like the handling characteristics of the 3 series BMW's, and I can put up with a ride that's not as smooth as the ES. I'm pretty sure that the overall performance of this new 'IS' will beat the pants off the ES's.....and if it does, then I'm almost certain I'm getting rid of this dog that's giving me a lot of grief.

Believe it or not.....I love driving my wifes Corolla.....it shifts like a dream! :rolleyes:

By spring I meant fall, the all new 07 ES comes out this fall on a new platform and with the 3.5L V8.

In performance I'm sure the IS will best the ES, being RWD and being a sportier, lighter car. The ride is the selling point on the ES for me though and there are only a couple cars out there I think ride as well...

My ES sometiems feels like what my bargain basement caravan felt like when the transmission was failing. Sometimes it shifts rediculously hard in regualr city driving.

The new IS looks amazing, the interior is very nice as well, I did like the way the current IS drove, but was not at all fond of the interior, but this one is decidedly Lexus. Just hope the lag issue isn't there.

I drove a new cobalt and it was so satisfying to drive a car that shifted right, and costs like $25,000 less...lol

I sound like I'm very irritated, but I still love the ES, just sliding into it still puts a smile on my face. After all, nobody's perfect, not even Lexus ;)

By spring I meant fall, the all new 07 ES comes out this fall on a new platform and with the 3.5L V8.

In performance I'm sure the IS will best the ES, being RWD and being a sportier, lighter car. The ride is the selling point on the ES for me though and there are only a couple cars out there I think ride as well...

Didn't you mean a 3.5L V6?