Drove A 2002 430 Today

RFeldes

Well today I decided to test drive a 2002 LS430 to see the difference from my 1990 and I knew electronics was going to be a factor. The engine, upon start up, is silent. Quiter than mine, almost eerie. It was fully loaded as an Ultra, except for the rear passenger radio in the arm rest. Did have the seat heater knobs though. I thought it was an Ultra because upon observation it had vented seats, Grey wood, rear sunshade, front sensors, back sensors and suede headliner. The perforated seats with the ac blowing up your history was, how should I say this ?, KEWL!!!!!! Thanks, AKEWLGUY. As I am driving along with the Marl Levinson, also Kewl!!! I hear the Nav telling me directions back to the Dealer and I turned her off because I was cruisin. Nice feminine human voice, not Robo. Nav is neat. Anyways, it starts to sprinkle and the wipers start up on intermittent by themselves. Then the rain picks up and the wipers pick up. That too was Kewl!!!! On the Interstate and in Cruise Control, I come up on traffic and the car slows down to their pace..........Kewl!!! This was getting scary, so I went back to the Dealer and they were ogling my 1990. Nice car too!! with 96k miles. I am letting her go to a potential sister in-law, for money of course, and they want the car and I want their car so you can imagine the chaos :chairshot:

Anyhoo..the ride was similar to mine, cabin was a bit quiter than mine but not much, nothing like a Lexus, but the pickup was awesome. Similar to my STS, which the ex got. We are haggling on the price as I watch E-bay and have a good idea of value by watching the bids. Oh yea, she is pearl white with cream interior and 59k miles. They came down to $32,500 from $35K and $6k on my 90. Quite an experience, but as all things, must sleep on it and do due diligence for 3 days. Old habit, not religion. Then I will haggle with them and potential sister in law. Only solace is I love my 90 as she has been very good to me and vica versa. Welcome to the 21st century...Ralph!!!

Thought you guys would like to know!!!!

Thanks for your support for the southern boys and for me in the 430. Well, since the weather was so bad. I had to go and rescue the 430. Picked her up today. My hands are shaking. You can turn a bad day into a good day. I'll detail her and test drive for a few days and then take pics for you guys with a full report and comp. to the 90. Thanks again.

Sweet! My had has on '02 LS 430 and I have driven it many times. It is one of the nicest cars that I have ever driven. So smooth and quiet and the interior is top notch - way better than the newer Mercedes & BMW interiors IMO.

Good luck w/ the new ride and I hope all faired well in the storm. I'm sending some good mojo LA way for all of you.

Congratulations!

I'm worried about Blake personally, haven't heard from him and he and his family live in New Orleans.

Steve, THanks for the welcome back!!! Good to be back!!

I just shot Blake an email - I'm sure you saw on the other thread he and family are okay -- good news!!......although that town has got a long, long road ahead of it----Years.........

It is sure great to hear Blake is okay. I'm sure the Big Easy will be re-built and maybe the Federal Government will pay attention to us since we import a large percentage of the coffee and they all need a wake up call... right!!!! :chairshot: Our oil production wasn't shabby either. In any case, thanks for your support and yes, The new LS is "Awesome" and I will post when the time is appropiate. God Bless the people. You are a great bunch of guys and gals. Thanks for your support, from all of us in Louisiana.

It is sure great to hear Blake is okay. I'm sure the Big Easy will be re-built and maybe the Federal Government will pay attention to us since we import a large percentage of the coffee and they all need a wake up call... right!!!! :chairshot:  Our oil production wasn't shabby either. In any case, thanks for your support and yes, The new LS is "Awesome" and I will post when the time is appropiate. God Bless the people. You are a great bunch of guys and gals. Thanks for your support, from all of us in Louisiana.

Thanks for the concern you guys!! Enjoy that wonderful new car Ralph!! Did you travel to the dealer or was it on a private lot?

The feds are awake; this isn't something that's going to be done next month. All of the complaints about the time it took for the Military to get here is BS. We can't expect thousands of them to materialize in NO the following days of the hurricane; it's just unreasonable. Not to mention how are they supposed to help when the people needing their help are shooting at them. You're right about our oil prouction, and I think the mouth of the river is quite important too! Make sure your new car is safe, I would imagine as BR becomes more and more over populated, the evacuees with continue to head further west. ;)

Well,

They have headed west and our Convention Center and Colisseum are full as well as our Hotels. I sit on one of the appropriation committees of United Way here and can tell you everyone is scrambling to take care of these people. I can assure you guys that once these people get out of N.O. they are being well cared for in communities from Texas to Tennessee. Americans are so generous and will take care of them. This is who we are. "Wake Up Call" was a poor stab at humor in difficult times and I apologize.