Lexfest Info

akewlguy

Just returned from the Saturday events and it was really fun. I would say there was between 80 to 100 LEXUS's. The break down was about 45 IS, 7 LS400/430, 25 GS and 15 S. It was really kewl!

Team LEXUS was really nice and exciting. The food was awesome! Nothing like the normal hotdogs and hamburgers. It was truly LEXUS class dining. The theme was Cuban and there was tons of salads (veg, pasta and cheese) then there was some awesome sandwiches (cuban, grilled chicken and wraps). There was also a ton of some Crunch drink (Red bull want to be), soda and water.

Team LEXUS had an interesting LS on an IS frame. I guess they cut out a foot of the car and they are focused on raceing this car. They say they put a few hundred K in this tech. Also there is something about a LEX with 600+ hp.

The prizes were awesome. Tons of parts and components for the LEXUS's. Also there was signs and parts to cars that were messed up while racing (complete front bumpers and other things). The drivers signed 1/12 cars and posters. They also spent about 10 minutes doing a really kewl DRIFT. The guy was all over the place and it was wild! There was so much smoke and they kicked some butt. Everyone was really pumped up for the DRIFT!

There was more on Friday and Sunday, but obviously I did not attend.

For sure there was only one 90-97 LEXUS and that was my Kick !Removed! LEXUS!

GO 1993

I will post pictures soon.

On top of all the fun my wife went for a ride in the team LEXUS DRIFT show. She stated it was fun and kewl, but I was really worried. I had to try to time the pictures since the damn thing was going all around.

I was like man dont hurt my wife. Although its easy to know that they guy knows what he is doing, its still scary. It was so fun and wild.

I also heard something about an manual IS.

There was some people from Orlando, Michigan and Ontario.

Also they had a lot of LEXUS stuff like hats, cups, drink bottles and other items. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing and there will be double the people next year.

This one guy who was about 62 showed up with a brand new S model LEXUS. It was really nice.

There was some people from Orlando, Michigan and Ontario.

Also they had a lot of LEXUS stuff like hats, cups, drink bottles and other items. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing and there will be double the people next year.

This one guy who was about 62 showed up with a brand new S model LEXUS. It was really nice.

Whats a S model lexus? you mentioned it in your first post as well. Are you talking about the SC?

Glad you made it out and enjoyed it!

I didn't get a chance to check out your car, but I do remember them pulling your wife (although didn't know it at the time) out of the crowd for the drift demo... that's awesome! What did she think about it!

I'm also going to put an official ' thank you' thread up on all the forums, if you went to Lexfest and had a good time, please reply as I'll be sharing the info with Lexus Corporate, Team Lexus, Quicksilver, PFS and our meet sponsors to let them know we appreciated their time and generousity.

Ask LEXUS if they would be able to assist us with random questions?

If they want polls stating what people are looking for or want?

Reguardless I will be at LEXFEST 06. It was a nice time considering we really only intended to stay for a few hours and we were there all day.

How was the drive to the engine shop the following day, happy hour and Friday's events?

I had a great time , i loved it and it was nice meeting you Kewl.

Lots of thanks to Davegs4 for organizing the meet which must have been a logistical nightmare but turned out great.

Actually the car inside the shop was not an LS on an IS frame ,it was the same car from the spy photos all over the net. It is a toyota crown cut by the rear doors to shorten the wheelbase to fit the new IS350 drivetrain for testing.

It was only cut to fit the shorter length engine tranny and suspension in another car without giving away its true intentions while it drove around on streets and tracks around the world for testing.

Other car makers use big bulging panels and tape to cover up a new cars shape ,Toyota used a Crown body to test it drive train completely stealth-ed.