'06 Gs300 Awd

Just purchased a new '06 GS300 AWD w/Nav. Car seems to be awesome. Only complaints I have is (1) no trunk light?? (2) run flat tires are fine on smooth road surface but seem to take the big bumps hard.

Would love to hear from other new '06 GS300 AWD owners on how they like the car.

Just purchased a new '06 GS300 AWD w/Nav. Car seems to be awesome. Only complaints I have is (1) no trunk light?? (2) run flat tires are fine on smooth road surface but seem to take the big bumps hard.

Would love to hear from other new '06 GS300 AWD owners on how they like the car.

Congrats on your purchase!! :D It's an awesome looking machine. Post pics when you can & best of luck! B)

:cheers:

There is a trunk light with a switch on the right side of the trunk (right above the first aid kit).

The light will turn off when you close the trunk - even if the switch is on. I leave the switch on all the time

As for the tires, check the tire pressure and make sure its within the limits set by Lexus displayed on the drivers doorjamb. Dealers are notorious for over-inflating tires.

That may just be a characteristic of the runflats though. I know a lot of people wind up replacing them with normal tires.

Congrats!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My 06' GS300 AWD was purchase last August. The ride was greate on the first 8,000 mile. It started to change after 10,000 mile service. I started to feel vibration from the road surface. Recently it change to rough ride. Due to the crown on the road surface the car is moving left or right of it own. I have to hold on tight to my steering wheel to stay in lane. It is a safety issue. According to the dealler, it is normal because of the RFT on the vehicle. RFT is sensitive to the road surface. Wht a joke, I paid 50K to purchase this car. after 10,000 mile it change to rough ride and Lexus took the blame on the RFT. Iam going to argue with Lexus to have them take backthe RFT to replace to regular tire.

I also feel the suspension became softer. Cause the car start to move side by side and I do not feel confidence when on sharp turn.

It make me feel unconfortable every time I drive this car. I only had a little more of 15,000 mile. It already drive like 10 year old vehicle.

Richard

My 06' GS300 AWD was purchase last August. The ride was greate on the first 8,000 mile. It started to change after 10,000 mile service. I started to feel vibration from the road surface. Recently it change to rough ride. Due to the crown on the road surface the car is moving left or right of it own. I have to hold on tight to my steering wheel to stay in lane. It is a safety issue. According to the dealler, it is normal because of the RFT on the vehicle. RFT is sensitive to the road surface. Wht a joke, I paid 50K to purchase this car. after 10,000 mile it change to rough ride and Lexus took the blame on the RFT. Iam going to argue with Lexus to have them take backthe RFT to replace to regular tire.

I also feel the suspension became softer. Cause the car start to move side by side and I do not feel confidence when on sharp turn.

It make me feel unconfortable every time I drive this car. I only had a little more of 15,000 mile. It already drive like 10 year old vehicle.

Richard

Did you test drive the car before you bought it???

:whistles:

Richard

More importantly, did they teach you subject/verb agreement in school?

Richard

Yes I did test drove it twice. However, the car was perfect for the first 10,000 mile.

Congrats! -- I have a Glacier Frost Mica 2006 GS300/AWD running on 20" Giovanna rims, and I love it !! I use the run flat tires and factory wheels for winter driving though.

Hey LexLee I also have a 2006 GS300 (mines black)...I'm interested in getting some wheels (20's). I saw some black Giovanna that look sweet....but I have my eye on some Axis Orden's that are sweet too. Can you post a pic of your wheels on here?

~T~

Richard

I answered more in the thread you started but RFTs are not the best tires for anything but emergency flat control. The dealer has a point to say the RFTs are the cause. From my understanding, RFTs can last 10k-20k. You are at 15k so you are right there. Replace the tires with traditional tires and I think you will be happy again (hopefully :)).

Loose the RFT's and get a good alignment at a quality shop (preferably a Lexus dealer), the wandering (tramlining) will be reduced. The RFT's are notorious for riding hard.

Richard

I answered more in the thread you started but RFTs are not the best tires for anything but emergency flat control. The dealer has a point to say the RFTs are the cause. From my understanding, RFTs can last 10k-20k. You are at 15k so you are right there. Replace the tires with traditional tires and I think you will be happy again (hopefully :)).