Had 25k Service Done @ Dealer Today

flyguyco

took my 2003 ES300 to the dealer today for the 25,000 mile service. the cost of the service was $126 including tax, so that wasn't too bad.

also told my service manager about the shuddering while braking at high speeds, and the popping in my steering column. he fixed both of them under TSB - replaced the front rotors, pads, shims and replaced the intermediate steering shaft. my car feels almost like new again, i can tell the difference especially in the steering.

i wasn't aware there was a TSB for the intermediate steering assembly, it covers 2003 and 2004 models. i would suggest those with popping and/or loose steering get that service done.

well you don't even have to do that - when you go to the Lexus dealer they can look it up for you. my service manager was the one who told me about the TSB for the intermediate steering assembly - that was not listed on Alldata

I came loaded with my TSB's in hand (which my service advisor claimed to have not heard of) and the end result is positive.

* A new intermediate steering shaft is on order (the Tech claimed everything felt normal...yeah right)

*A new converter is on order for the sulfur smell (At first they tried to tell me to switch gas or even go to Premium fuel...I don't think so.)

If anyone is interested in the new converter results let me know. Parts will be in early next week.

PS. In my case having info on the TSB's was the clincher.

Fluguy: Consider yourself lucky to have a dealer that isn't afraid to share that info with you.

PSS. 2007 Camry is All new in early 2006. How about the 2007 es330?

Concord :cheers: