User Satisfaction Survey For Navigation Systems

cli04@uoguelph.ca

[this survey invitation is ok'ed by SK]

Dear friends,

We are a research group in the Department of Computing and Information Science at the University of Guelph, Canada (http://www.cis.uoguelph.ca). We are interested in understanding users' satisfaction with in-vehicle navigation systems, and would like to invite you to participate in our survey. The survey is voluntary and anonymous. If you are interested, please go to User Satisfaction Survey of Navigation Systems

This research is part of a Master's thesis and is unrelated to any business interest. We really appreciate your input!

I ok'd the survey to be posted in the General discussion forum not every possible one.

I have deleted the rest and move one to that forum.

Hi Sharad,

My survey is concerning the user satisfaction of navigation systems in general, so if it does not get enough user input, the result would not make sense. That is why I posted the invitation on all possible forums. If you could take a look at the survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=958091273746, you will see that all the survey questions are related to the user satisfaction research and are not offensive in any manner. Neither does this survey have any business interest. So, please allow me to post it in all the possible forums. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Tracy

How about a satisfaction survey of regular maps vs. Nav systems?  :whistles:    :lol:  ;)

:cheers:

Regular maps have much more detail then the onscreen maps of the NAV system.

This stands to reason because if you try to have all this detail onscreen it could be too difficult to read. Besides, the resolution of the LCD screen is not high enough.

Personally, I think that the screen readout is good as I could expect.

Agreed, we're happy to help you out to get input for your survey but there's no way we can allow you to post in every availiable forum. Thats just totally against our rules and it wouldn't be fair to our members.

I ok'd the survey to be posted in the General discussion forum not every possible one.

I have deleted the rest and move one to that forum.

Hi Sharad,

My survey is concerning the user satisfaction of navigation systems in general, so if it does not get enough user input, the result would not make sense. That is why I posted the invitation on all possible forums. If you could take a look at the survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=958091273746, you will see that all the survey questions are related to the user satisfaction research and are not offensive in any manner. Neither does this survey have any business interest. So, please allow me to post it in all the possible forums. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Tracy

That would constitute SPAM on almost any site you did it on. Many sites would have just banned you without a word. These guys are being pretty accomodating, IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

We asked you not to post any more of these threads in our forums, but still you decided you needed to. I will leave this open so you can get as much data as you can, but I've banned you and removed your new threads. We won't tolerate any more of these postings.