Stale Air

Well, I damn sure have a cabin filter, well, I actually, didn't, but there was a place to put one in, actually, it's 2 seperate filters, you put them side by side....When I opened the compartment for the filter it was pretty nasty, moldy leaves and mud mostly.

Well, I damn sure have a cabin filter, well, I actually, didn't, but there was a place to put one in, actually, it's 2 seperate filters, you put them side by side....When I opened the compartment for the filter it was pretty nasty, moldy leaves and mud mostly.

Shoaf,  can you tell me where to find that filter housing?

Yeah, under the glovebox, remove the plastic cover underneath it, theres a brass wingnut or two, can't remember, take it off and behind that is the "boot" or seat for the filters, pry it out and whala.....

Yeah, under the glovebox, remove the plastic cover underneath it, theres a brass wingnut or two, can't remember, take it off and behind that is the "boot" or seat for the filters, pry it out and whala.....

When you put the filter back in put a piece of "BOUNCE FABRIC SOFTENER" in with the filter and your car will smell like new for a lllooonnnggg time,

Not very many GS3's will have them , so if you don't you can try and make one. If you do some searching you'll find out how to clean it and keep it clean and you'll never have another problem with it. <_<

I didn't have a filter in there, but there's DEFINATELY a location for the filter....I can't imagine they would vary the design and NOT put the filter compartment in some vehicles, and it's a LEXUS, don't make a filter, spend the $50 for the right filter....

I got mine from here:

http://oem.thepartsbin.com/parts/thepartsb...CC+Cabin+Filter

I didn't have a filter in there, but there's DEFINATELY a location for the filter....I can't imagine they would vary the design and NOT put the filter compartment in some vehicles, and it's a LEXUS, don't make a filter, spend the $50 for the right filter....

I got mine from here:

http://oem.thepartsbin.com/parts/thepartsb...CC+Cabin+Filter

From what I read they did not vary the design, they just did not put them in, unless you paid extra for them, hence the name option <_< However, thanks for posting the link.

Name option?  What are you talking about?  Are you saying they don't have filters or they don't have filter compartments?  I didn't have the filters in mine, but had the compartment....So I just bought the filters and put them in

Filters used to be "optional", but it appears all the ductwork was the same. Now they are pretty much standard on lots of cars.

Hi, I started this..

- and thanks for the excellent discussion and education for me on the filters. My '93 GS300 does, indeed have the filter housing under the glovebox. My mechanic will add or replace it next time. Right now I used some anti-fungal, anti-mold spray in the intakes in case it is the A/C evaporator. My wife will be the Guinea Pig tomorrow.

Dennis