Next Generation Of Lexus

Dust

HPXfrontview.jpg

Very impressive. I am definitely liking the new generation SUV. I think its called the HPX, I dont know about the release date. Does anyone have any other sources on this?

Release date, performance, etc.

Cheers :cheers:

lexus411- The FT-SX is a different vehicle...

I'm still getting used to Lexus new design theme...

I don't care for the new Lexus models either. They are making them TOO futuristic. I can't "picture" these cars being as reliable as they were in the past.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it doesn't appear to have rear doors. It would be hard to have an SUV w/ only 2 doors on it (at least for family hauling and the soccer moms). I like the mono wiper, but I'm not a fan of the T-Top style sunroof. It looks like they forgot the side view mirrors (or that's just a perch for a wide angle camera lens or something else??).

It took a while for that type of styling to grow on me and I still can't get into the FX, but Lexus has always been able to execute styling better than Infiniti and this one is no exception. Not bad looking overall.

Like it or not that seems to be the way that all manufacturers are leaning (i.e. the crossover suv type vehicle) with that type of styling. Chrysler started the crossover trend w/ the Pacifica, then the Ford Freestyle. Mercedes new Vision Touring vehicle leans heavily in that direction and has a similar futuristic look.

Infiniti and Nissan have similar styling (although less crossover in them). I think that the new RX and ML are a nod toward this eventual progression and Subaru's B9 Tribeca embodies it as well.

No way to know, probably normal doors, mirrors, more traditional projector headlamps, much smaller wheels, etc.

Thats if we see it on the road. 95% of all concept cars are never even poised for production, they're just used to showcase new design themes and get consumers and press excited about the product.

I know what you mean but thats not so much a question of quality as it is a safety issue, the metal is designed to crumple and in order for it to do that it can't be as thick as it was back in the day of '66 Pontiacs.

The front end almost looks like a Acura TL because of the headlights/grille.

I'm not too crazy with Lexus' new designs. For instants, the GS kind of reminds me of the Maxima, but the more I look at it the more it grows on me. Maybe my thought for this one will change also. :P

The front end almost looks like a Acura TL because of the headlights/grille. 

I'm not too crazy with Lexus' new designs.  For instants, the GS kind of reminds me of the Maxima, but the more I look at it the more it grows on me.  Maybe my thought for this one will change also.  :P

i thought the same and posted in a thread i cant remember