"what Does This Button Do?"

DKRC-2003

It has a car phone but I think all the controls for it are on the other side of the steering wheel

The MODE button cycles the dash computer through the various mileage/timer/MPG settings and RESET does as it advertises

I figured that FUNCTION would cycle the computer between Imperial and Metric but it does no such thing on any setting...

It has a car phone but I think all the controls for it are on the other side of the steering wheel

The MODE button cycles the dash computer through the various mileage/timer/MPG settings and RESET does as it advertises

I figured that FUNCTION would cycle the computer between Imperial and Metric but it does no such thing on any setting...

it lets you know how many miles you cn go before the tank is empty and when it gets down to like 50-60 then it will just read low fuel,also it tells you how many miles per gallon your averaging while driving and the timer tells you how much time youve spent driving the car until it turns over or you reset it

I once wondered the same thing when i got my car 4 weeks ago.

It basically makes the display cycle through any malfunctions .

It is a really stupid button , i would much rather have a volume or mute.

It does not work if nothing is wrong , so if you open a door and press the button it will toggle back and forth .

I noticed one more thing ,in my 98 the mode button cycles through but in a 99 it also cycles but it has a position to turn it off completely .I like that :(

i just keep it on miles to empty b/c it lets me know if im getting good gas mileage

I usually use TRIP A for that. I reset it everytime I fill up.

Whats your avg speed btw? I have rested mine like 10times, but it always goes back to 23MPh. Must be my true avg speed then.

ah...i've never tried it when a message was on the screen...

I agree, I really wish it controlled something on the stereo (i like the stereo controls on the steering wheels on the newer models)

I usually leave it on Tank MPG (to berate me from performing lead-foot)

My average speed is like 37MPH (i work from home so i don't fight the commute, when i do travel it is on a freeway many times)

I use trip A to track my MPG manually although the computer does a good job of it also (just rounded to the nearest mile instead of a tenth of a mile); i do like the fact that the computer does not erase this data after filling up the tank UNTIL you drive off (in case you forget to write it down before you fill up)

I've noticed that the computer's calculated MPG is about 1.0-1.5 better that what I work out by hand (im getting 24.84 MPG on the freeway and 18.97 MPG "in the city"). Compare this with my 1994 ES 300 (20.84 city and 26.47 highway) and i'm still not afraid to take out the V8 over the V6 w/ gas prices the way the are (yet).

I use trip B to track my miles between oil changes.

i just keep it on miles to empty b/c it lets me know if im getting good gas mileage

I usually use TRIP A for that. I reset it everytime I fill up.

Whats your avg speed btw? I have rested mine like 10times, but it always goes back to 23MPh. Must be my true avg speed then.

my avg speed on the highway is like 80 i dont evn pay attn to it in the city since i dont like to drive around the city too many potholesand traffic ALL the time ans sw is right the comp. automatically calculates i also use the trip ror oil changes and the other one for long drives