2006 Lexus Is

Matthew_McNally

I have been contacted by Lexus, who would like to invite Lexus Owners Club members to an exclusive early evaluation of the 2006 Lexus IS.

Anyway, we now have two unusual opportunities coming up this month for a total of up to seven US-based Lexus Owners Club members at two special events.  Each one will feature a comprehensive technical presentation on the new IS by one of our Lexus College staff, plus a two or two and a half hour ride & drive on public roads.  We'll also supply complete press kits with specifications, features, press releases, technical illustrations and great photos of the new IS that all members can enjoy.

The first event will be held this Friday, Aug. 12(!) starting at 9:00 a.m.

at the Doubletree Hotel in Irvine, California.  We'll start at 9:00 a.m.

with the tech. presentation followed by a Q & A session.  A new IS 350 and IS 250 will be at your disposal for a local drive immediately after.

Although I realize this is almost impossibly tight timing, we're hoping that you could designate one suitable club member (probably in California) that would attend and then post their impressions in a visible place on the Lexus Owners Club forum.

Here's a link for more hotel information:

http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hotels/ind...ctyhocn=ONAISDT

The second event will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 31 starting at 4:00 p.m.

at The Castle on the Hudson hotel in Tarrytown, NY (about 30 minutes from Manhattan).  We'll follow the same format as in Irvine, this time starting at 4:00 p.m. with the tech. presentation and completing the ride & drive at about 7:00 or 7:30.  With this event, you're welcome to invite six members to attend.  But I must ask you to choose responsible people that will take care of the precious cars for the next event which immediately follows this one.  Also, like the Irvine event, I would ask that these people share their impressions on the club forum.

Here is a link to the hotel site for more information:

http://www.castleonthehudson.com/

I sincerely hope that the Lexus Owners Club will join us for this early look at the new IS.  The cars won't go on sale until October, so this is a rare opportunity to get a jump on the rest of the world and is just one way of saying thank you for your on-going interest in Lexus products.

If you are interested in attending this very exlcusive event you must EMAIL me as quickly as possible.

In the event of more than seven people wanting to attend these events, preference will be given to our gold members.