Seat Memory Problem

flash213

The seat memory funtion has quit on me. When I bought the car a few months ago it worked fine to the last owners postions. I never set it becasue I was the only one driving the car. Recently had some time on my hands and tried to set it but there is no movement at all. The seat belt adjustment still works which is in the same part of console. I have considered that the changing of the ECU to stop the "dying after interstate drive problem" may have caused this but that doesnt seem likely. This function is not very important to me but if someone has some suggestions on things to look over I would appreciate it. Blake or NC211 have you two ever had a problem with the memory?

Hope everyone is having a good summer! :cheers:

Can you move the seat?

Is it just the memory that's not working?

If you can move the seat to a different position, do so and then hold the set button and press number one. You should hear a beep.

Now press number 2. Does the seat move back to the original position?

Make sure your car is running and in PARK. My SC times out after the door is open for a while when the car is not running and will not work until I start the car or close and re-open the door.

If none of this works, try looking for a bad fuse.

Tom

I had a problem with my memory seats a while back. As it turns out, I unplugged the battery for some reason or another and forgot I did. I reset the memory, and it worked again. I'd maybe unplug the battery and reprogram your memory presets, plus what Tom and Steve said...be sure you're in park and not touching the brake. Do any of the buttons beep when you press them?